Upgrading to Parallels AFTER installing OS X Yosemite

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Todd_Herron, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Todd_Herron

Todd_Herron Bit poster

I installed OSX Yosemite Beta then I saw the message that you are supposed to upgrade to Parallels 10 BEFORE installing Yosemite.
    Can I still do an upgrade?
    Am I looking a new purchase of Parallels?
    Am I also looking a new purchase of a Windows licence?
    (If Parallels can't handle a post-Yosemite upgrade of its product -- at the upgrade price -- then I think I'd probably just abandon Parallels.)

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello Todd_Herron,

Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) is compatible with Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac (latest build 9.0.24251) and Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

If you are using Parallels Desktop 8 or any previous version , you have to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

For more information about Parallels Desktop compatibility with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, please refer this article: http://kb.parallels.com/121895

Let us know if you have any questions.

3. Simon_Berggren

Simon_Berggren Bit poster

Maybe I'm slow..
    But is it possible to first upgrade to OS X Yosemite, and THEN upgrade Parallels from 8 to 10 (at the upgrade price)?

4. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello Simon_Berggren,
    Yes, update your Mac Operating System to the latest Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and then upgrade your Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
    The upgrade license of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac costs $49.99. Please visit www.parallels.com
    You can follow the steps provided in this link: http://kb.parallels.com/122647 to install Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac upgrade.
    Please let us know if you have any questions.

Simon_Berggren likes this.