[Yosemite DP 5] mac os app switching becomes sluggish due to prl_deskctl_agent

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SangjinL, Aug 12, 2014.

1. SangjinL

SangjinL Bit poster

Starting with Yosemite DP 5, the app switching function (like switching by clicking a window or via command + tab) on Mac OS has become super sluggish. I'm referring to a Mac OS function, not Parallels.

All you need is to have Parallels installed, and try switching apps by clicking on a window. You get a noticeable hang (the OS being unresponsive for 5 - 6 seconds) before the desired app finally becoming active. It was traced to the Parallels' desktop control agent. In system.log I see

Code:
    8/10/14 6:39:26.758 PM prl_deskctl_agent[218]: IMK Stall detected, *please Report* your user scenario in <rdar://problem/16792073> - (activateServerWithReply:) block performed very slowly (5.08 secs)
    8/10/14 6:39:26.758 PM prl_deskctl_agent[218]: IMK Stall detected, *please Report* your user scenario in <rdar://problem/16792073> - (deactivateServerWithReply:) block performed very slowly (5.08 secs)

I am running the latest Parallels 9 (9.0.24237).

This happens most reliably (at least in my case) by clicking on a window. It often happens (but not always) if you do command + tab. It doesn't seem to happen if I click on the title area of a window.

And it seems like the only way to fix this is to uninstall Parallels.

Any thoughts?

2. SangjinL

SangjinL Bit poster

Could you confirm if this is indeed an issue with the desktop control agent + yosemite? Any possible workaround for this problem?

3. SangjinL

SangjinL Bit poster

Noting that this issue still exists with Parallels 10 and Yosemite DP 6.

Is there any workaround for this issue? It's real bad.

4. SangjinL

SangjinL Bit poster

5. Michael-N

Michael-N Bit poster

Uninstalling Parallels Acces resolved the same issue for me on a 15" rMBP (2012). Thanks!

6. Victor_Jones

Victor_Jones Bit poster

I can confirm that the same thing happened to me on a new 13" rMBP. Fixed by uninstalling Parallels Access.

7. Mark_Pinis

Mark_Pinis Bit poster

The same problem happened to me on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011) after installing Yosemite. I uninstalled Parallels Access and the problem and console messages went away.