Parallels Desktop 10 for Parallels Desktop 7 Users

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GonzaloF, Oct 21, 2014.

1. GonzaloF

GonzaloF Bit poster

Hi

I got Parallels Desktop version 7 on my MacBookPro and I got the following email from parallels:
    [​IMG] If you intend to upgrade to Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), please note that Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac will NOT support OS X Yosemite (10.10). You will not be able to launch your Windows virtual machine or directly use your files through Parallels Desktop 7.

Before you upgrade to OS X Yosemite, be sure to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. It is our latest version, fully optimized and enhanced for OS X Yosemite.

Does it mean I can upgrade my version 7 to 10? is that correct?

Thanks!

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GonzaloF,
    According to the licensing policy, the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is only supported from the following versions: Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac, Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Upgrade, Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade, If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 7 or an earlier version,you need to purchase full version of Parallels Desktop 10.

3. GonzaloF

GonzaloF Bit poster

Thanks very much, then I will do that.

4. Glenn_Bielik

Glenn_Bielik Bit poster

I am also upgrading directly from Desktop 7 to Desktop 10. Is there any issue with my existing windows software if I make this jump ? The documentation says I don't need to reinstall windows if upgrading from 8 or 9 but it doesn't say anything about my existing software if I purchase the full version. Thanks 1

5. Monty_B._Brubaker

Monty_B._Brubaker Bit poster

I was running OSX Lion with Windows 7 in Parallels 7. Worked perfectly in Coherence mode. I upgraded to OSX Yosemite and Parallels 10. It works, however my windows applications I leave running and minimized RANDOMLY Pop up and often FREEZE up! This is very annoying. Is there a solution? Please work on a Fix for my issue...