Reinstall Windows XP when upgrading Parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Squid_Knox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Squid_Knox

Squid_Knox Bit poster

Hello, I just have one question. I tried to write a support ticket but my "build" was not listed in the dropdown & my support ticket number was rejected. I've had Parallels less than 2 years so this puzzles me.

Anyway, I have OSX Mavericks, with Parallels 8. I use Parallels to run Windows XP, and on XP I have Land Desktop 2004 installed, that's why I need it. My question is, when I update OSX to Yosemite and I update Parallels to 10, will I have to reinstall Windows XP (because if so, then I'd have to reinstall LDD, which is complicated)?

I am hoping I won't have to reinstall XP once I upgrade to Parallels 10. Does anyone know? I asked this question on another board Sunday and have gotten no replies.

thanks so much
    squid

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Squid,
    It is not required to re-install your Windows XP Virtual Machine after upgrading your Parallels Desktop to version 10.
    You can see the Virtual Machine popping up automatically on your screen as soon as you install Parallels Desktop 10 on your Mac.
    Please fine the information on how to install or upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac at : http://kb.parallels.com/122647

3. Squid_Knox

Squid_Knox Bit poster

I really appreciate this answer, thank you!

squid

4. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Squid,
    You are always welcome. Feel fee to reach us anytime, we will be happy to help you.