Civilization: Beyond Earth colours messed up?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Caesium, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Caesium

Caesium Junior Member

Hey folks.

Just trying the new Civilization in PD9 (Build 9.0.24251) (Win7 guest, OSX 10.10 host) and while it mostly works ok, the game screen has really whacked out colours, see screenshot. I've had to resize it down but you'll get the idea.

The psychedelic pink is clearly wrong :)

Anyone else seeing this, or anyone managing to run this game ok? Not sure what to try to fix it :/

Edit: oh this is the demo by the way, freely available on Steam if anyone wants try it :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  2. Ken_Hargreaves

Ken_Hargreaves Bit poster

Yeah same exact thing here. PD10, win7, OSX 10.10, iMac 27" late2012(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB)
    game mode, video 512k,
    Tried lowest resolution with lowest graphic settings, both full screen and windowed. Even tried max graphics.
    The game runs fine, all menus and things in game are fine, it is just everything else has the colour shift.

edit - there is this redit thread as well http://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/2k63t3/issues_with_mac_via_parallels/

3. Simon_Wentworth

Simon_Wentworth Bit poster

Yep, me too, exactly the same

4. serv

serv Forum Maven

Thanks for the heads up, guys. We'll investigate.

5. Christopher_Morris-Lent

Christopher_Morris-Lent Bit poster

I also purchased it today and I am having a different issue -- it gets stuck on the load screen, and after all of the proposed fixes below (including editing the .ini file successfully) it is still stuck on the load screen. What's going on?

(2.5 Intel i5, 10.9.4, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR 3)

6. Fosser

Fosser Bit poster

I have the exact same issue. Has anyone tried running this through Parallels 10 yet?

7. nyash

nyash Bit poster

I'm having same issue with messed colors. PD 10.1.0 (Build 28600), OS X 10.10, Win8 guest, Retina MacBook Pro.

8. Steven_Haase1

Steven_Haase1 Bit poster

Same issue here with the colors. Most things are like neon pink.
    2013 iMac / 3.5ghz i7 / 24gb RAM/ Nvidia 780M/OS 10.10/Win 7

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  9. Jipi

Jipi Bit poster

Same here. Weird colors. iMac 27" late2012(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, Win 8.1, 32Gb ram

10. Jipi

Jipi Bit poster

If you wait 5-10min the menu should appear. But you will probably have the colors issue in-game.

11. Jipi

Jipi Bit poster

12. v12aml

v12aml Bit poster

i have same issue

13. DAVID_CORDER

DAVID_CORDER Bit poster

2014 i7 MacBookPro / dual video cards Intel and nVidia / 16GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10, Parallels Version 10.1.1, Windows 8.1 with all software updated.
    Similar issue here. After running multiple resolutions, I finally found a version that is ok. However, the colors are not right. The intro video and opening menus seem to be ok in Beyond Earth. However, after the opening video (whether you click through it or let it run) there is a significant lag before the menu appears (no matter what resolution I use). However, as soon as the screen opens when you are to select your landing site, everything is pink and dark. Any help is appreciated. (I tried running the resolution at full capacity for the MacBookPro Retina, etc, but the font and menus were so small, you could hardly read them.)

14. Leif_Erik_Solstad

Leif_Erik_Solstad Bit poster

Meh, I have the same issues.
    Time to uninstall parallels and go for boot-camp i guess. And ofc just after i just upgraded to latest version of parallels :(

15. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Our development team are aware of the issue and are working on it. Please subscribe to http://kb.parallels.com/122720 , so you will be notified once there is an update.

16. Cameron Palm

Cameron Palm Bit poster

I want to note that this issue has been present in Civilization 5 (the base game that Civilization: Beyond Earth is a skin / expansion of)