Windows 7 doesn't display full screen

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by AMattis, May 22, 2014.

1. AMattis

AMattis Bit poster

I have Paralells Access running on an iPad 3 with retina screen. It works great for connecting to my Macbook Pro. I also have a PC running Windows 7 that it is connected to. it connects correctly, but does not display the whole screen, but rather maybe 60% of the screen and I can't get to the rest of the screen. The start bar is displayed at the bottom, but application windows do not fit in the screen and are very large.

2. AMattis

AMattis Bit poster

Update

Update: I have this computer connected to a cheap, old LCD monitor with a max resolution of 1280x1024. Parallels adjusts the display resolution when opened to 1024x768. I can manually change the resolution to 1280x1024 through the access app and all works well, but next time I open the computer through Access, the resolution gets set to 1024x768. any thoughts on how to avoid this?

3. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi AMattis,

Please change the View mode to "Desktop Mode", please refer http://kb.parallels.com/116955 for information on switching View Modes in Parallels Access.

The resolution should be changed manually as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/116698

4. AMattis

AMattis Bit poster

If this is the solution, then I have to adjust resolution every time I open parallels on my iPad so that I can see the whole screen.

5. AMattis

AMattis Bit poster

My previous reply didn't show up... If the solution above is the only solution, then every time I open Parallels Access on my iPad, I have to manually adjust the resolution so that I can see the full screen. isn't there a better way?

6. jennyrobbert

jennyrobbert Bit poster

Yes but you can fix the full screen option as well by changing the settings of the account.

Diabetes