PD9 Graphics problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Alex12345, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Alex12345

Alex12345 Bit poster

Hello,

I am running Windows 8.1 as a guest OS on PD9 and OS X 10.10. Whenever I try to use a specific program which uses 3D graphics, it crashes (only when I am about to use the 3D window in the program). The exact same program on PD9 and OS X 10.9 runs just fine. I contacted the support team of the program and told me that I had to enable 3D acceleration and that should do the trick. However, DirectX10 was already enabled by default (I only configured the VM to use more RAM and CPU cores, nothing else). I tried using DirectX9, nothing happened. The VM is actually running the bootcamp partition of Windows 8.1 on my mac. When I try to run the same program on bootcamp, everything is fine.
    I also tried to reinstall the parallels tools, but there was no change. When I try to (re)install the graphics drivers of both the HD4000 and the GT650 on Windows, an error occurs saying that either the system does not meet the minimum requirements (in the case of HD4000) or the GT650 cannot be found as hardware in order to install the driver. I don't know if reinstalling the drivers is actually a right thing to do, but nothing else worked...

Any solutions to the problem?

Thanks