Parallels Desktop for Mac Tech Guarantee 2014

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Andrew@Parallels, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Parallels has announced that Tech Guarantee is now in place for 2014.
    We have changed the procedure from past years for easier delivery of the upgrade keys to our customers, so please ensure that you read the complete details listed below or visit the Tech Guarantee webpage.
    Full details of the Parallels Tech Guarantee are available at http://www.parallels.com/techguarantee2014/

Details of the Tech Guarantee 2014

Customers who purchased and activated a copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2014 through October 15, 2014, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions.

The conditions covering eligibility for an upgrade include:
    • Upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost if you purchased and activated Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac between August 1st, 2014 and October 15th 2014.
    • Must be a qualifying product as mentioned in #1 below. Non qualifying products are explained in #2 below.
    • Must be purchased from an authorized retailer. Non-authorized retailers are explained in #3 below.

1. The following Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac products qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Full Version
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Student License
    • Parallels Desktop 9 Switch to Mac Essentials Edition
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac - SD card
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac OEM Version when either purchased together with hardware or other approved software products. Product must be activated on or after August 1, 2014.

2. The following Parallels Desktop for Mac products do not qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
    • Trial versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac
    • Licenses sold under the Volume License Program including PIK/PIKA and Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition Licenses
    • Not-for-resale (NFR) versions
    • OEM Versions that are purchased unlawfully without hardware or qualifying software
    • Parallels Desktop for Mac versions purchased and activated before August 1st, 2014

3. Non-authorized retailers and reseller include but are not limited to:
    • Products purchased on eBay, Amazon Marketplace and sources that are not Parallels authorized resellers. For more information please visit: http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/reseller

4. How do I receive my upgrade key?
    Upgrade keys will be delivered automatically from Parallels by email. You should receive your upgrade key within 7 days after the new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used during the registration process when you installed Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.

If you have not yet registered your copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac or have used offline activation, please register your key now by clicking here .

Please do not contact Parallels Customer Support in reference to your upgrade key. Keys will be automatically sent to your email address so please check your spam/junk folder. Please allow up to 7 business days for your key to be delivered.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. THDArch

THDArch Bit poster

Hello,

Every year there is another upgrade, released under Parallel's somewhat unique terms. For several iterations now, purchases made after a certain date are eligible for a free version upgrade, but only if purchased from "authorized retailers". As of the 2013 release, there was a statement made on this forum by a Parallels representative that there did not exist a list of the actual "authorized retailers", as a result, the thread contained lots of "what about retailer X" questions. I guess we have to do the same thing this year.

In my case, I am interested in purchasing Desktop 9 today, directly from Amazon (US) but only if Amazon itself is authorized. Is Amazon US considered an "authorized retailer"? Thanks.

(For folks who are not familiar or may not have noticed, when you go to Amazon dot com, the products listed are sometimes sold by Amazon itself, but are sometimes sold by others through the site via the "Amazon Marketplace" which is something like the ebay "buy it now" system. In those cases, the item is purchased and shipped from a different retailer than Amazon, but only using the site as a "marketplace". Currently the Parallels 9 listing has a small bit of text which reads "28 new from $37.77" When you click on the "28 new" link, you'll see a long list of offers, one of which is from Amazon itself, many are from totally other retailers, and a few of which are from other retailers, but "fulfilled by Amazon" which just means that the item is held in Amazon's warehouse and shipped out by them, but isn't technically "sold by" Amazon itself. Confusing.)

3. Andrew@Parallels

Hi - yes, amazon.com is the authorized reseller.

eBay and Amazon Marketplace are not Parallels authorized resellers.

4. TaikaoC

TaikaoC Bit poster

I purchased and activated PD9 upgrade from PD8 on 1st AUG but not yet receive any of the free upgrade key until today

5. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi TaikaoC,

Please check your Private Message.

6. Kirit_T._Vora

Kirit_T._Vora Bit poster

I received an OEM package of Desktop 9 along with a Mac I purchased. Is it too late to get the free upgrade key for Desktop 10?

7. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Kirit,
    Please check your private message.

8. CURTIS1

CURTIS1 Bit poster

hi, i purchased PD10 yesterday then i got the new PD10 upgrade key, and i used free for 14 days before, is any problem with my steps? i can't use my PD10 now....... i already check my email, it doesn't any key for free 14 days show in my email. plz reply, thanks!

9. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi CURTIS1,

Please check your Private messages and respond us though private message.

10. Andrew@Parallels

Tech Guarantee 2014 was over effective October 15 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.