Access to my PC when it's switched off

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by Donata_Manfrinati, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Donata_Manfrinati

Donata_Manfrinati Bit poster

I'd like to buy Paralless Access, but I haven't been able to use it yet. I mean, I'm afraid I could not understand what it is or what else? I have been trying to use the trial version, but I cannot access my PC from my Android when my PC is switched off. It says there'What is Paralless Access useful for? Perhaps I haven't understood what it is!! Thanks!

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The PC has to be switched on, or it has to have a Wake On Lan/wake on Wifi functionality (the computer receives a signal via the network telling it to turn on).

Parallels Access offers access to your PC, via the internet, while you are away from it, as long as you have internet access on your Android and the PC is connected to the internet and is on or has the ability to turn on automatically (as said above).

3. Donata_Manfrinati

Thank you very much, I had suspected such a thing, actually! :)

4. Donata_Manfrinati

By the way, sorry for my mistake in writing my message above: there are some words which had meant to delete: It says there' but I hadn't noticed it before posting :(

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Don't worry about it Donata, you can actually edit your post if you want, hover it with your mouse and you'll see an edit box appear at the bottom of it, but it's fine the way it is.

6. Donata_Manfrinati

Thank you very much! :)