Virtual SL hangs after v10 install on PTools restart

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by karendesign, Nov 21, 2014.

1. karendesign

karendesign Junior Member

Yesterday I updated my Parallels installation to v10 (host is OSX 10.8.2); virtual Windows works fine. This morning, I tried opening my Virtual Snow Leopard (server) and, after restarting per instructions at the install of Parallels Tools, the virtual machine slowed to a crawl... so much so that it actually appeared to hang. Shut down had no effect; the virtual SL would suspend but would not quit. After several minutes (while I hunted through the KB and these forums), the virtual SL generated a blank blue screen. Now, the top portion of that screen has turned dark blue with horizontal broken black and white lines through it. Been this way for more than 5 minutes.

What happened with Parallels Tools? How can I recover my virtual SL? I'm dead in the water without it! Thank you for any help.

2. karendesign

karendesign Junior Member

Follow up: Since no one replied, I gave up and installed a fresh virtual SL Server. Unfortunately, after one day or apparently normal use, the VM won't accept any user name or password combo that I try; options for resetting seem unworkable. I'll start another thread for that issue.