Parallels 10 on Mac OS X 10.10 DP6 - All Windows Guest VMs Slow

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Markcub, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Philip_Bodenbach

Philip_Bodenbach Bit poster

2. Lachlan_Lacey

Lachlan_Lacey Bit poster

Is this still not fixed? I don't really care whose fault this problem is, bottom line is I've forked out money for Parallels and not Yosemite. It is Parallels who advertise themselves as being able to work with Mac, not the other way around. I am not a developer yet I can sympathise with any software developer who has the rug pulled out from underneath them. What I am disappointed with is the lack of information coming from Parallels, the absence of a straight out apology, an option and directions for a refund and possibly their lack of professional foresight. What a public relations mess.

3. Ryan DeCorby

Ryan DeCorby Bit poster

Same issue on my Parallels since the latest update only.
    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform running huge hardware interrupts.

4. JoelRubio

JoelRubio Member

I seriously doubt that this is going to be fixed until the next update of Yosemite (10.10.1 perhaps). I've bought PD10 but I'm not about to take a risk in getting my productivity VM to get real slow. I've also held off on Yosemite. Seems like just new novelty features and again, it's just going to hinder my productivity. Apple has been very sloppy these days. And Parallels 10 is a disappointment right now. Hopefully this all gets fixed by Christmas. It'll be a good gift to those waiting and specially those suffering.

5. Troy_McDonald

Troy_McDonald Bit poster

Update:

Okay so I submitted a support ticket and they came back with a set of instructions to follow, found here:

Nothing happened, not any better. I entered that into the support ticket and their reply is:

In order to have the issue investigated and resolved faster, we would like to offer you a secure, SSL protected remote session via LogMeIn application. It will allow us to access your computer and gain control over it remotely to perform the required steps to resolve issues for you.

While in session, your permission would be required to perform any of the actions on your computer. You will also be able to terminate the session at any time. All traces of the applet will disappear from your computer after the session is finished.

To schedule a session, please follow the below link (make sure you chose the correct time zone):

* https://support.parallels.com/Auth/Session/6fd829b177eb2fae805/
    Something doesn't seem right here, either Parallels works or it doesn't, and it doesn't. I'm not the only one having this issue.
    Keep me and others updated on your status as well.

* Not actual link in order to keep their stuff from going all crazy.
    ** Note my system is Yosemite 10.10 & Parallels 9. I don't want Parallels 10 until it works with Yosemite.

6. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Hi!

Had no problems with final Yosemite 10.10 .... but just downloaded the newest version 10.10.1 ... and voila : Windows is super slow again .... I hate it.

PARALLELS .... do I have to ask you before installing the Yosemite security fixes in the future ???

Angry wishes
    Gregor

7. Hellerbass

Hellerbass Junior Member

Found a solution here on this thread ..... type following command into Mac Terminal ... enter your password (is not shown while typing) ... hit enter ... and then make a restart : ... the virtual Windows is now as fast as it should ... why Parallels doesn´t post this solution here officially ??

sudo nvram boot-args="debug=0xd4e"

Best
    Gregor

Pucko_Roman likes this.
  8. Pucko_Roman

Pucko_Roman Bit poster

thanks, work for me.

Best
    Roman

9. Gymnasium_Sundern

Gymnasium_Sundern Bit poster

Hi all,
    Voila, my solution:
    0. Do fresh TimeMachine BackUp (by (real) accident - mine was too old. Lost 3 days work) :eek:((
    1. Erase partition (HDD-program "inside").
    2. Clean install (over internet by using the "secure partition inside").
    3. Backup from TimeMachine.
    4. Fresh Install Parallels 10.
    5. Everything works fine (using old Win7 File)
    6. Be happy.
    Best
    Jochen

10. Gymnasium_Sundern

P.S.
    No Yosemite Update yet. I'll keep you informed.
    Jochen

11. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Junior Member

I would like to thank you VERY much for this solution. It TOTALLY solved my problem. Just for the record, I am using PD9 but had the same problems described by the other users; excruciatingly slow Windows with stuttering. The problem started after I upgraded to OSX 10.10.1. I assume there is a connection but I can't be sure.
    You are a very clever person! I don't know where you cracks come up with these solutions or how you know what to do about them, but you saved the day for me. Thanks again! GL

12. Gymnasium_Sundern

Everything works fine with 10.10.1.
    Best wishes
    Jochen

13. JoelRubio

JoelRubio Member

Everyone all happy now? Can I upgrade to Yosemite 10.10.1 (still on Mavs here) and to PD10 (still on 9) here. Problem really on 2011 Macs only? I have a late 2013 MBP Retina 13". Thanks!