How to Hide Control Center?- Parallels 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GeorgeBH, Aug 22, 2014.

1. +1 on annoying "feature". I'm sure sometime soon they will realize what a poor decision it was to make it work this way.

Jfro likes this.
  2. HECTOR_ARAUJO

HECTOR_ARAUJO Bit poster

+1. Would like to know if this is resolved as well. Thnx.

3. neilgreene

neilgreene Bit poster

So if we click on the Parallels icon like before, we are taken to the Control Center.
    Instead, we should now click on the VM icon to cycle directly back to the VM.

4. dma550

dma550 Bit poster

add me to the list. I keep closing it to find it coming back, and finally got unhappy enough to come here to see what the deal was. I don't mind it behaving this way, but with all new features, there needs to be some sort of override.

5. Derek_Sturdy

Derek_Sturdy Bit poster

I agree that this is an annoying feature, although it only requires one click to lose it each time. But the indifference of Parallels to these posts is more worrying - the only replies from Parallels have actually missed the point and discussed something else. This is their forum, after all.

6. geoff_g

geoff_g Bit poster

Between this and the double dock icon and no indication that Parallels is even listening to its customers I'm dropping Parallels and moving to VM Fusion. Parallels does not care about our bitches and [now] I have no problem with that because [as of now] I am no longer a customer. And I won't be returning.

7. Ronald_Bergen

Ronald_Bergen Bit poster

Very annoying... I only use one virtual machine to use Windows on my Mac, and it is totally redundant to have Parallels Desktop Control Center pop up when I click on the Parallels icon in the Dock, and then have to click on the virtual machine image in the Control Center to open up the (only) virtual machine. And then the Control Center hangs around uselessly in the background, cluttering up my desktop. Very poorly thought out! If there is only one virtual machine, the Control Center adds no value. There should be a way to skip right over it, directly opening the virtual machine when the Parallels icon in the dock is clicked.

8. judas_s

judas_s Junior Member

+1 On this one. as Ronald_Bergen and others have said, both issues are very annoying. Both the control center and the two icons have messed up my cmd-tab workflow.
    I usually use a single windows VM on full screen mode, and do most of my work in OSX except MS Office, so I really need to switch back and forth a lot. Having two icons and having the control center open "bounces" me back to the VM full screen when cmd+tab should just take me to ANOTHER application (not parallels!).
    This type of behaviour brakes OS X conventions of showing APPLICATIONS and not WINDOWS on the Application switcher.

PLEASE FIX THIS

peterlemer likes this.
  9. Kevin_Zapp

Kevin_Zapp Bit poster

This is so annoying... Still no fix?

peterlemer likes this.
  10. Andre121212

Andre121212 Bit poster

Please fix this. It's so utterly annoying.

peterlemer likes this.
  11. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hello everybody,
    Reporting that the issue is under discussion by our Development Department.
    Thank you for feedback.

Jfro and peterlemer like this.
  12. Kevin_Hooker

Kevin_Hooker Bit poster

I am also beyond annoyed by this problem. If there is something we can do to continue to work on this fix please someone let us know. I don't want to look for another virtual machine option - but maybe that's my only choice.

peterlemer likes this.
  13. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

In previous versions of Parallels I could have aliases on my desktop pointing to the VM files and launch any VM. Whe done I could simply quit that VM and be done. Now I have to quit the VM and then quit Parallels control center separately. This very annying. How do I get it to quit loading the control center when I launch a VM directly? Is this possible in version 10 or will I have to go back to version 9 and get a refund for my upgrade to 10?

14. Robert Camner

Robert Camner Bit poster

It's hard to understand why Parallels would force everyone to add keystrokes to the normal usage of the software. It should be possible to dismiss the Control Center window and not have it pop back up EVERY TIME I want to use Windows!

peterlemer likes this.
  15. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

Am I to assume that your lasck of response means I need to go ahead with refund request and move back to version 9?

16. Michael_Shanafelt

Michael_Shanafelt Bit poster

This is an incredibly annoying "feature", please give us the ability to not have to see the control center every time we hit Alt-Tab!!

peterlemer likes this.
  17. Ross_Neag

Ross_Neag Bit poster

I'm having same issues w P10 and EVERY TIME I switch back to windows I get the annoying VM Control Center for Win 8.1
    Parallels, u listening? How do we turn this function off? Its awful.

18. peterlemer

peterlemer Hunter

PLEASE MAKE P10 Control Centre FLOATY WINDOW GO AWAY and STAY AWAY!!!!

Jfro likes this.
  19. johnpwilliams

johnpwilliams Bit poster

I agree with all the posters that this is a bad issue that needs to be fixed, but I have found a work around. You just need to find the "windows 8.pvm" file and add it to the dock, then remove the parallels dock and use "windows 8.pvm" to launch parallels instead. good luck.

gizmo78 likes this.
  20. peterlemer

peterlemer Hunter

sadly this solution fails with "windows 7.pvm"