World of Tanks NO LONGER working with Parallels/Mac OS X Yosemite/Windows 7 SP 2

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Tom_Sanchez, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Tom_Sanchez

Tom_Sanchez Bit poster

I purchased Parallels, last week, to VPN in to work and to play World of Tanks with my son. It was running fine within Parallels/Win7, last week.

World of Tanks put out a patch (9.4) within the past few days and the game is no longer working correctly within Parallels. It is, basically, unusable...the tank is not rendering at all (e.g. it is not visible to the player). Other players have reported the same issue on the World of Tanks forum. They have tried reinstalling the game, to no avail.

I downloaded a trial version of that OTHER product (which happens to be $10 cheaper) and the game runs fine (I copied the VM and imported it into the other product).

I bought Parallels specifically because it was supposed to perform better, graphics-wise. My machine has 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. Again, it works fine on the trial version of the COMPETING product.

Any suggestions are most welcome. :)

2. Simon_Jackson

Simon_Jackson Bit poster

I am having the same problem, the gaming forums are blaming Parallels for it not working, but whent will Parallels going to fix the problem? I bought Parallels for the sole reason for gaming on my mac. COME ON PARALLELS HURRY UP AND THIS BUG FIXED PLEASE!!!!!!

3. Tom_Sanchez

Tom_Sanchez Bit poster

@parallels Tech Support...

Any update on this issue? I just bought Parallels several weeks ago and I was able to run World of Tanks fine. Due to an update of their game, it no longer runs within a Parallels virtual machine. Yet, it runs fine on a competitor's trial version.