Transport Agent - Windows to Mac migration (via LAN) is very slow (3 days+)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mathias_Knauer, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Hesham_Ghobarah

Hesham_Ghobarah Bit poster

I have the exact same problem you described. Not able to contact support unless I have a paid license ? Well, I am not paying for it unless it works. That's the whole point of a free trial. I think I will be going for a more professional product like Fusion.

2. GiupViecFree

GiupViecFree Bit poster

Update III: Time went up to 12 hours and speed dropped to less than 1 MB/sec. CPU Activity is on average 35%. I expect again another drop on 600 kb/sec, it'll probably stuck again and no further progress be made.
    Does anyone has an idea? Support, please help! :(

3. Patricia_Haire

Patricia_Haire Bit poster

I've been attempting a migration via a network for two days now. I let it run over night and was still looking at over 60 hours. Luckily, I purchased a Lacie Porsche Design 2TB external drive at Apple when I purchased my iMac 27" on Saturday, but I didn't realize that it could be configured to work on both Windows and OS X. When I had finally reached my limit of sanity, I decided to attempt using the Lacie to transfer a VM on my MacBook Pro laptop to the iMac even though it wasn't what I wanted. When I plugged it into my Macbook, it gave me the option of using it on both operating systems...YAY! I downloaded my PC using this method and even though it took about 4 hours, I was becoming optimistic at this point. I started the migration process on my Mac, and it took about 6 hours, but hey, far better than 60. Very disappointed in Parallels about this issue. Network migration is useless.

4. Vadim_P

Vadim_P Bit poster

I submitted an issue report ID 52986575 (from Transporter), feel free to contact me for more info.

Albert_Waenger likes this.
  5. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello,
    Please update your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac to the latest build 28859 and then download and install the latest update of Parallels Transporter agent.
    After installing the latest update for both Parallels Desktop and Parallels Transporter Agent, start the migration process and check how it goes.

6. Patricia_Haire

Patricia_Haire Bit poster

UPDATE: I posted before I attempted to open my VM. Tons of files did not transfer, and then all I had was a "Shutting Down" screen forever when I attempted to close the OS. I rebooted the iMac. Then, every time I tried to shut down, windows would just restart. After several attempts, I was prompted to launch the diagnostics on the OS. Now I have the dreaded Blue Screen of Death. I just turned off the computer and will just deal with it tomorrow. I've had enough for one day.

7. Jonathan_Woods

Jonathan_Woods Bit poster

8. Vadim_P

Vadim_P Bit poster

This is nightmare. Transporter Agent v10 hangs several minutes after the transfer begins. Transporter Agent v9 cannot read Windows 8.1 partitions because of the GPT etc. etc. Please fix it ASAP! I'm ready to be a beta-tester by the way.

Albert_Waenger likes this.