100% CPU for Parallels Control Center in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SweVictor, Nov 8, 2013.

1. SweVictor

SweVictor Bit poster

Hi!

I have problems with the CPU consumption of the Parallels Control Center in Windows. "Windows 8.1" in Activity Monitor reached (and exceeded 100% CPU) and the Control Center process in Windows did that as well (in Task Manager). After letting this run for several minutes nothing happened.

I took the steps of producing a report and then killed the parallels process in Windows (prl_cc.exe i think?). This resulted in CPU going down to a normal state, although Windows is still listed as "Not responding" in Activity Monitor. I can however interact with windows applications, so there is no real issue anymore.

Report ID: 30719237
    I also did a spindump, but cannot seem to add that attachment. Please get back to me if you need that as well.

Thank you in advance for any guidance!
    /Victor

2. SweVictor

SweVictor Bit poster

Hi again,
    Since my trial has reached the 14 days without this getting resolved I am now trying my luck with VmWare. Hopefully that will work out better. Shame though - I have always liked Parallels!

/Victor

3. Dancoiv

Dancoiv Junior Member

I'm getting this problem too with the latest version of Parallels and using Windows 7. I was hoping to see a solution here. Or is the solution to abandon Parallels in favor of other solutions, such as Bootcamp or VmWare? I never had a problem with Parallels until updating to Parallels 10. Or is it 10.1.1 that is a problem?

4. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi all,
    We have released a new update for Parallels Desktop 10.1.2 (28859)
    This update is likely to address the issue you are experiencing as well as improves overall stability and performance of Parallels Desktop 10.
    Please download the installer using the link below:
    www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10