Window appearance distorted under Retina 5K

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Peter123456, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Peter123456

Peter123456 Bit poster

I have installed Windows 7 on Parallels 10/Yosemite on my iMac 5K Retina.

I am disappointed that many windows in existing Win Programs are distorted in various ways.

Sometimes the spacing of elements squeezes out text such as menus, sometimes text has the wrong size for the window. I adjusted the Video/Scaling but it made no difference to the distortion, it just changed the overall scaling.

I write Windows software in Delphi7 and Delphi works fine, however certain windows controls are the wrong size. In particular, check boxes appear to be double size. It makes screen layout very difficult although the final compiled exe runs fine under native Windows.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't get this problem on my Macbook Pro retina.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. Peter123456

Peter123456 Bit poster

Thanks

Unfortunately my new iMac has had to be sent back for replacement as it 'died' so I can't test it until the new one arrives :-(

4. Peter123456

Peter123456 Bit poster

Although my iMac has had to go back to Apple, I tried opening up my Windows 7 image on my Macbook Retina using these instructions and it seems to have fixed it. Thanks

Peter

5. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Peter,
    Glad that your issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime, we're here to help you.