Copy/paste doesn't work anymore with the latest update to Parallels Desktop 19.3.0 (54924)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by robv10, Mar 13, 2024.

Tags:
  1. robv10

robv10 Bit poster

Until yesterday bi-directional copying and pasting was working, after the update not anymore.
    Reinstalled both Parallels Desktop and Parallels Tools, checked the proper setting of the new bi-directional pasting. It does not want to work anymore.

2. robv10

robv10 Bit poster

This is a M3 Max Macbook pro with a virtual Windows 11 Pro installation.

3. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Rob,

kindly reinstall Parallels Tools in your virtual machine:

1. Start Virtual machine.
    2. In the top menu click Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools, wait for the installation to finish, restart the virtual machine

4. robv10

robv10 Bit poster

I followed steps 1 and 2. Unfortunately it still won't copy and paste between environments.

5. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Please note that your support case #46••••4, has been escalated to the Second line Technical Support, and you will shortly receive further instructions via your email.
    Thank you.

6. ThorstenR5

ThorstenR5 Bit poster

Hi, I do have the same issue. So what shall I do? Contact the support or can escalate it for me?

7. AntonioF8

AntonioF8 Bit poster

Me too. I haven't made any changes to the settings, but copy/paste from Windows to Macos doesn't work anymore.

8. robv10

robv10 Bit poster

As per suggestion in ticket I created a new image of windows 11. The new one works with copying and pasting between MacOS and Windows 11.

9. AntonioF8

AntonioF8 Bit poster

How may I resolve? My Parallels Desktop is updated to last version but copy/paste still does't work.

10. ThorstenR5

ThorstenR5 Bit poster

It is enabled. I also created a new image. Now it is working again.

11. FernandoK1

FernandoK1 Bit poster

I'm running Ventura 14.4.1 with Parallels 19.3.0 but adding Parallels to Privacy > Accessibility does not enable the Clipboard in Ubuntu 22.04.4. Toolbox is installed. Any other suggestion please?