SSMS crashes when connecting to server

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AlejandroM7, Mar 18, 2024.

1. AlejandroM7

AlejandroM7 Bit poster

Since the last parallels update I have been trying to connect to an Azure SQL server using SSMS.
    It used to worked perfectly, but now, when i connect to the server, it gets to show the server on the left menu, but then before it displays the databases the whole program just closes on me. No error, nothing, it just crashes.
    I haven't changed any configuration or installed anything else, so I am not sure what changed that is causing this issue. I need help quickly as I need to connect to my Azure DB ASAP. Please.
    I downloaded and tried to install the latest version of SSMS and for some reason instead of showing 19.2 when I open it, still shows the 18.2 version, but either way, I need to get this to work ASAP.

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further assist you, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce issue and create a video recording of the issue following the article https://kb.parallels.com/en/118652 and upload the recorded file via secured file sharing link (provide us with the link).
    2. While reproducing the issue, collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.