forced to up grade? what?

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by jeffm25, Mar 28, 2024.

Tags:
  1. jeffm25

jeffm25 Bit poster

out of the blue today while in the middle of something on a deadline windows and parallel stopped working, stalled and froze. i made zero changes. im on an older mac laptop so i don't upgrade much since im not installing anything new. im saving for new system and don't see the point spending on an older system that works fine as is. sooo..

why upon restart is parallels demanding i upgrade what appears to be windows and parallels? no heads up , no warning, just stall out and upgrade? is this correct or am i misunderstanding and something went wrong to trouble shoot? how do i get my setup that worked yesterday to go back to what it was so i can make my deadline.

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hi Jeff,

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the message you received?

Furthermore, to prevent this from happening next time, please perform the following actions:
    1. Start Parallels Desktop.
    2. Click on the Parallels Desktop menu on the Mac menu bar
    3. Go to Parallels Desktop menu > Preferences > General
    4. Verify that the Download updates automatically checkbox is unchecked

3. jeffm25

jeffm25 Bit poster

It was asking me to login and upgrade, I found a that said how to erase it and download the previous version however this is the page I got and it's insisting I upgrade....i tried uploading photo says too big. No idea

4. jeffm25

jeffm25 Bit poster

*found a site that showed me how to delete the software and download the one I subscribed too .....upon install it showed me a page trying to upgrade my Parellel license again to install. Also before all of this started windows stopped opening in parallels and I had made zero changes.