Windows XP BSOD after IE8 update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by chcsep, Apr 1, 2010.

1. chcsep

chcsep Member

I installed the IE8 update that Microsoft released yesterday (running WinXp SP2 on Parallels 5.0.9344), and now my VM won't open up, it BSODs and reboots with the following error:

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

It did this after the window startup screen started, then would reboot and go to the screen asking if you want to open in safe mode. If I don't let the timer run down from 30 seconds, it crashes. If I try opening in safe mode, it crashes.

Help! We've lost lots of year-end work since our last backup on Friday!

2. mrvetis

mrvetis Bit poster

mrvetis

I am dealing with the exact same thing.. I installed internet explorer 8 on my XP Home edition am all the updates.. Now I keep getting both Kernel_Stack_Error & Kernel_data_error blue screen of death (B.S.O.D.) I have ran chkdsk /r /f an malwarebytes with a every once in a while fix or malware delete.. Now its to where no matter what the pc does nothing changes.. All the time of waiting for a restore only to get a "cannot restore" message. I don't know if its because of IE8 for a fact but it was working just fine before Tyne install. I see allot of ppl recently are having the same issue that is why I decided to post a reply on here. Cuz im upset big time.. Btw im oily commenting cuz I have a android an can access the net with it, otherwise id be screwed. Thanks allot to whomever created this stupid XP an didn't put a factory restore option on the thing. You ppl are so smart.. Start thinking aggress four goodness sake instead of thinking of only yourself. Am thank you to the members an creators of Parallels for the ability to voice my opinion. :)