BOSD NDIS.SYS - Address F75BCC34 When starting XP Pro Migrated from Hardware

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RusselF, Dec 24, 2009.

1. RusselF

RusselF Bit poster

I'm testing PII 5 and VMWare Fusion 3 downloadable trials. Haven't made my mind up which to get.

I'm having a major problem migrating my XP Pro SP3 on Dell hardare installation to PII 5. The conversion seems to go ok but when the VM tries to start, I get the blue screen error "NDIS.sys - Address F75BCC34 Base at F7597000, DateStamp 48025d03" (Screen shot attached below).

I thought at first it was an old, disabled wireless card in the pc so I uninstalled all the drivers and the card and tried again with no luck.

On the PII 5 side, I tried all sorts of things suggested in other forums for other BSOD errors (I couldn't find my error at all). I tried just about every option on the HW configuration tab:
    - all the network card options, connected and disconnected
    - starting the vm with the cd not attached
    - eliminating all the possible boot sources save the HD
    - reducing the memory on the vm and the video adapter, increasing the same
    - changing the and location address of the hd.

I've run out of options.

I was able to migrate W7 from hardware and XP Pro from a laptop without any bother. They run perfectly.

VMWare Fusion 3 had no trouble migrating the Dell at all, in fact, I'm writing to you from it now.

The version of PII 5 is in the 2nd screenshot.

The Mac hardware is a new 27in, quad core i5 with 8GB ram and 1TB HD

I've spent the first week of my two week PII 5 trial struggling with this. It would be really nice to be able to get down to some real testing.

An NDIS.sys error should be something related to the network card or drivers but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Russel

Attached Files:

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Please try to remove the Network Card completely from the VM configuration (not 'Disconnect). It may be caused by antivirus.. After first successfult boot it will be possible to add network card back

3. rdfouts

rdfouts Bit poster

Elric,

Thanks, I'll try that. Sorry I didn't see your reply. I was following the forum on an RSS feed and didn't get it until I actuallyl checked back here.

I'm using the downloadable trial version which expires in 2 days.

Since I haven't been able to actually use the trial, having spent my whole time trying to diagnose this problem, is there a way to extend my trial?

Thanks in advance.

Russel

4. rdfouts

rdfouts Bit poster

>> Please try to remove the Network Card completely from the VM configuration (not 'Disconnect). It may be caused by antivirus.. After first successfult boot it will be possible to add network card back <<

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow morning.

In the mean time, is there a way to extend my trial period for Parallels? I've spent the whole of the 2 week period trying to get this working. If your suggestion works, I'd still like some time to test Parallels against VMFusion 3

Thanks in advance.

Russel

5. rdfouts

rdfouts Bit poster

Elric,

I tried removing the network card and that didn't work.

I then tried removing everything except the hd and screen but that didn't work either.

Tried disabling Shared Folders and Smart Mount but that didn't help either.

Any other suggestions?

Russel