Cannot install Parallels Tools on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by The Belgain, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowicide

Cowicide Bit poster

The installation goes through, but then when I try to start any of my virtual machines it beachballs until I force quit parallels. When I uninstall the update and reinstall back all is well again. I'm on 10.5.4 on a MBP.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. John@Parallels

We are working on version 3 too, it is not in EOL

4. John@Parallels

All reasons to change virtualization software are always up to your decision,
    As I told we are working on Parallels Tools for Ubuntu 8.10 in PD3
    In Parallels Server and PD4 beta 8.10 is working

5. John@Parallels

In Parallels Desktop version 4 beta2 , we also do not have problems, hope you will see it soon

6. John@Parallels

Sorry, I do not aware about price policy, I am only keeping technical side, but it is indeed is working like a charm

7. John@Parallels

I want to mention here following,
    Parallels Desktop version 4 is out,

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  8. John@Parallels

8.04 build 5624, we are preparing for Ubuntu 8.10 too

9. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

10. Leto

Leto Junior Member

Yeah, I've locked this thread.

Sorry folks, the topic digressed too far from the original post. The Parallels Tools compatibility with Ubuntu 8.04 was resolved months ago, but the thread kept going anyway.
    I've also removed all comments in this thread that were not related to Ubuntu. This is an attempt to keep the forums relevant for anyone seeking online support for Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac. If anyone has feedback they want to share about our current products, please feel free to create your own thread and we can discuss whatever you'd like to discuss.

Quickly note that some of this off-topic discussion was in relation to features added (or not added) to Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac. To respond to this, all I can say is that version 3.0 was released over a year ago and since then the product has grown a great deal beyond its original capabilities. We started at build 3120 and are now on build 5626. All build updates for Parallels Desktop 3.0 were free of charge to our v3.0 user base, as many if not all of you know. We sincerely apologize if some expected features never made it into the version 3.0 software, but we are staying our course with Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac and feel it's a product both our team and our customers can be proud of.

I invite anyone who hasn't tried the new Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac to download our free trial HERE. If you then have questions or comments, we'll be happy to address them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.