1. For best results, close all programs on the computer on which you are changing the registry setting.
2. To open a command prompt as an administrator, click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
4. Type: regedit.
5. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet
6. Under the Internet key, double-click EnableActiveProbing, and then in Value data, type: 0 (NOTE: The default value for this is 1. Setting the value to 0 prevents NCSI from connecting to a site on the Internet during checks for connectivity.)
7. Click on OK.
8. Restart the computer.