Window7 becomes unresponsive after 3 hours of idle time

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by nareshB, Jun 19, 2010.

1. nareshB

nareshB Bit poster

I have:
    * Parallels 5, build 5.0.9344
    * on a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard
    * and my virtual machine is Windows 7

For the past several months, after 2-8 hours of idle, the windows7 becomes unresponsive -- I'll try to commit something remotely and I'll eventually get a time-out error.
    The IP address still responds to ping, FWTW.
    The GUI is usually unresponsive, with these notes: I've found that I can move the mouse within the Windows7 GUI, and I can see the power icon change shade once as I mouse over it. However, I can't click on that button, nor can I interact with any other menu items, nor right-click on the desktop and get its contextual menu.

I don't believe any of these problems appeared until I upgraded to Parallels 5. However, as usually happens, I didn't understand the problem until some time had passed and I forget all of the exact details.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing the problem, and possible solutions or further tests?

I have been playing music on web based flash player and rest are kept idle. Suddenly after 3 hours, every thing stopped and Windows7 become unresponsive. It does not take any key board commands from parallel menu as such.

Do you have any suggestion other than reboot.

Regards,
    Naresh

2. Pope

Pope Bit poster

Same here...

Just happened to me yesterday, June 20,2010.

3. nareshB

nareshB Bit poster

This is my 10 th time; here is the support id number

Your problem report has been sent to the Parallels Support team with ID 6073153.
    Please some body from Parallel respond to my problem as it becoming useless your
    software and loosing all my data if it suddenly hangs.