Paralles 5 & Spaces

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GrahamN, Jul 27, 2010.

1. GrahamN

GrahamN Bit poster

Hi

I have a problem using spaces with Windows apps. The problem is as follows:

I have configured a windows app (FireFox) to use Space 3. When I start the app spaces switches to space 3 as expected however the app starts in Space 2. Not only that but messages from the app appear in space 3 when viewing the running app in Space 2.

I have tried configuring spaces using the app listed in the windows menu and also as a running app but the result is the same. I had this working in ver 3 but have a new mac account after upgrading to Snow Leopard and Parallels 5.

I have also tried some suggestions from other thread such as closing the app in the space 3 to no avail.

Please can anyone shed some light on this issue?

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

This issue will be fixed in the next version of Parallels Desktop. Sorry there is no workaround.

Alexander

3. timdiggins

timdiggins Bit poster

similar problem?

1) I've got (I think) a similar problem (using 5.0.9370). When I start a VM in Space 2 in window mode, then switch it to Coherence mode, all the windows move to Space 1. Just checking that this is the same problem (and will be solved by the same fix?)

2) I'd ideally like a way to configure particular VM's to start in particular spaces... but that is I think impossible.

4. timdiggins

timdiggins Bit poster

Is this now fixed in 9376? (the release notes only talk about hw compatibility with latest Xenon-based MacBooks

5. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Probably not but you could try it out. I updated to the latest version 9376 even though I don't have any of the latest Mac Pros (the problem was with Mac Pros, not MacBooks).

Windows Installer crashed while updating Parallels Tools but Installing Parallels Tools worked after I restarted the virtual machine.

6. Francesco Pessolano

Francesco Pessolano Bit poster

I have this issue with a macbook pro running paralllels in full screen, but not with a mac pro running it in windows and connected to two monitors. Weird.

Any idea when the fix will come?

Thanks