Thread: incorrect physical memory value

Default incorrect physical memory value

I've just installed Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 on an Xserve running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with the Parallels Virtual Automation VM to manage the host. The problem I'm seeing is that despite the fact that the host has 8 GB of RAM, the Parallels Virtual Automation web interface reports that the host only has 4 GB of physical memory.

I can't seem to find anything in the guide about why this would be and according to the host everything is fine. (Parallels Console shows the correct memory value) Is this a bug or am I doing anything wrong?

Bit Poster

seeing this same thing. no clue what's causing it, other than them using 32-bit ints to see available memory. I've emailed my Sales Rep to see what he can tell me. Obviously, this is a huge issue for adopting parallels server.

After I posted this last year, I opened a support case and parallels sent a patch to fix this problem. Naturally, I assumed it would be included in the next update.

Obviously it's been nine months now without a release or even a patch for PSfM 4 and 14 months since the bare metal for mac was released (without support for Apple's own RAID card!!!).

I have completely lost faith in Parallels, and Apple as well, in this market. We're moving off of their products and I recommend you do the same -- everything you get in OS X you can get in windows and/or linux and it's actually updated and patched.

Bit Poster

Which is kind of sad. I need to run OS X server for various things, so moving to win/linux really isn't an option. That said, I just had a great conversation with Tech support and basically, yes, it's a bug in the PVA. The Management application sees memory just fine. I just didn't know the Management console app existed until talking to them.

That said, otherwise, it seems to work great.

Quote Originally Posted by William Strucke View Post
    After I posted this last year, I opened a support case and parallels sent a patch to fix this problem. Naturally, I assumed it would be included in the next update.

Obviously it's been nine months now without a release or even a patch for PSfM 4 and 14 months since the bare metal for mac was released (without support for Apple's own RAID card!!!).

I have completely lost faith in Parallels, and Apple as well, in this market. We're moving off of their products and I recommend you do the same -- everything you get in OS X you can get in windows and/or linux and it's actually updated and patched.
    thank you brother, really use full
    http://www.mobile-phone.pk/what_mobile/