Import BootCamp fails 2 machines. (Parallels 6)

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by EdgarF, Nov 11, 2010.

1. EdgarF

EdgarF Bit poster

Hey all,

Hopefully someone could provide some info on this as I have not seen a lot of trouble shooting tips for Transporter (Import BootCamp) option.

I have installed Parallels 6 on 2 machines that previously had version 4 installed. Ater the upgrade process, I wanted to create a virtual image for the Boot Camp partition we have been using. I tried the Import BootCamp option and it went through all the way to end and crashed giving a very general error.

At this point, I did some standard troubleshooting. On the BootCamp partition, I update all the updates for service pack 2, defragged, and deleted anything that wasnt needed. Once back in OSX, with the VM shut down I ran a repair permissions on the main OSX drive, and Repair drive on the BootCamp partition. I ran the import again, and the same exact error at the same point. It proceeds to the end then when it looks like its going to just finish up the file I get the error again.

As I stated, I have 2 machines I was upgrading. Make a long story short, I repeated the steps above on the second machine and get the same error.

I dont know what to do at this point. Hopefully someone could be of assistance. Thank you very much

Edgar

Machine 1:
    MacMini Core2Duo
    Leopard 10.5.8
    Paralleles 6
    Windows XP SP 2
    2GB of RAM

Machine 2:
    iMac Core2Duo
    Leopard 10.5.8
    Paralleles 6
    Windows XP SP 2
    2GB of RAM

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi

Please generate a problem report (Help -> Report a problem) and post it's ID here.

Thanks.

3. ArnaudH

ArnaudH Bit poster

Same problem with one machine.
    Here's the problem report ID : 7253106

4. Stuw

Thanks for the report. We will investigate a problem.

5. JacobT

JacobT Bit poster

hi.. also the same problem here.. tried to import from bootcamp 10x but still same error.. the process finishes til the end then flags the error.

6. JacobT

JacobT Bit poster

hi sir, just bought parallels 2 days ago.. same problem.. could not import from bootcamp.. the process seems to be finished but at the end error Failed to import always pops.. done this 10x.

don't really want to reinstall everything so i hope this problem has been resolved previously and would appreciate to know the solution. thanks!

-jack

7. Stuw

Hi

sorry for very long delay. The solution is absent at this moment.
    Problem report from ArnaudH contains message about i/o error (write() failed!: 5), but I can't find reason.

Please set detailed logging (Parallels Desktop menu -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Troubleshooting), try to import bootcamp again and after fail generate new problem report (Help -> Report a problem).

Thanks.

8. Xmanori

Xmanori Bit poster

I have been running Snow Leopard with a small FAT32 Bootcamp partition ... I've been using this setup for about two years, and everything has ... Among other things, if the conversion fails for some reason, I am ... 2) Convert the Bootcamp partition to a pure virtual machine using VMWare's import function.

Psoriasis Treatment

100% natural & handmade psoriasis treatment that helped to calm my skin instantly. http://www.purelynaturalskin