Parallels Tools and Silverlight Out of Browser Applications

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by derekhubbard, Dec 8, 2010.

1. derekhubbard

derekhubbard Bit poster

Just recently upgraded from Parallels 5 to 6 and noticed the upgrade of Parallels Tools to 6.0.11990 somehow keeps Silverlight Out of Browser applications from running in a Windows 7 VM. The VM is running IE7, but is running an installed Silverlight Out of Browser application. This SL OOB application worked successfully in the same VM prior to upgrading to Parallels Tools 6.

When the app loads, the Silverlight Out of Browser app window frame shows up, but the page says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". Please see attached screen shot.

Uninstalling Parallels Tools 6 does not resolve the issue.

Attached Files:

2. DH10

DH10 Bit poster

Seeing the same issue. Need resolved ASAP

I am seeing the same issue. I have also removed parallel tools as well to no avail. I have to have this working ASAP.

3. derekhubbard

derekhubbard Bit poster

My work around, for the time being, was to resort back to Parallels 5. Also, I had to pull a backup copy of my development VM from a backup that was not yet upgraded to Parallels 6.

I would like to get this resolved ASAP as I have paid for the upgrade to Parallels 6 but am unfortunately not able to use it due to this issue.

4. DH10

DH10 Bit poster

Derek did clicking links in Outlook get affected by Parallel tools as well? I cannot click any links in my email. One fix is a registry update to IE. I am wondering if there are some registry issues that are affecting the SL OOB apps as well.

5. derekhubbard

derekhubbard Bit poster

I'm not sure about Outlook. I've been using the Mac Mail client for email, so haven't been using Outlook in my Parallels VM.

It does seem like a registry setting, related to Internet Explorer. I did some research, and found a link that says there are issues with a security patch that was applied for IE. I wasn't able to find the registry entries the article mentions though, and it goes on to say that if you don't see the registry entries, then the patch was never installed, so the suggested fix won't apply. So unfortunately it wasn't any help.

6. ViNull

ViNull Bit poster

Has there been a fix found? I am having this same issue and not just under VM but also when using boot camp to load the partition as host OS. The SL OOB app is working fine on al other systems I can test.

7. derekhubbard

derekhubbard Bit poster

Nope, not that I know of. I'm still experiencing the same issue and have heard no word from Parallels regarding any possible fix.