Back Button on Mouse

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sams764, Dec 12, 2010.

1. sams764

sams764 Bit poster

I have tried searching on the web for a solution to this problem, but I haven't gotten anywhere.

I am running Parallells 6.0.11828 Rev. 615184.

I have a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0, and a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 both of which have a back button on the device. When I am in Safari, the back button behaves as expected.

However, when I am in Windows 7 and click either the back button on the mouse (the large thumb button which is assigned as the back button), or the back button the keyboard, it moves around the window in focus (shifts between original position, moving it to the left of the screen, then to the right of the screen).

Any ideas? When I look at the mouse settings in Windows, it doesn't recognize that it's a MS mouse even though the drivers are installed.

Thanks!

2. aquariusrick

aquariusrick Bit poster

Same Problem Here!

Has anyone figured out anything? Perhaps, has anyone found a way to get the custom button configurations in the Microsoft Mouse Driver for Mac to work with a parallels app? Until we find a way, it continues to be very frustrating.

3. freimer

freimer Bit poster

The Fix

Map Cmd Left to Alt Left and Cmd Right to Alt Right.

By default Cmd Left gets mapped to Windows Left, and Cmd Right to Windows Right, which causes this behavior under Windows 7...

HTH,

4. Perpendiculars

Perpendiculars Bit poster

This one frustrated me for a while too. I was able to fix it by going into the Mac system preferences, choosing my Microsoft mouse control panel, then using the pulldown choice where it normally shows "Global Settings" I selected "Parallels Desktop". I set my "Left Side Button" to "Type Option+left". If I remember correctly, the first time I tried it it didn't work so I hit "Remove" for the "Parallels Desktop" application and closed the control panel. When I reopened the control panel it created another "Parallels Desktop" section. I selected "Type Option+left" again and I can now use the back button in Internet Explorer.

5. sabre86

sabre86 Bit poster

Thanks Perpendculars! Worked great!