Intermittent problem with MS Outlook

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by paulpenny, Dec 23, 2010.

1. paulpenny

paulpenny Bit poster

I am running Parallels 6 on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 2 iMac. I have 4GB of RAM and it is shared equally between Mac OS X (10.6.5) and a Win XP VM.

Since the upgrade to Parallels 6 I have started to get a problem with MS Outlook 2003.

When running in coherence mode I have minimised Outlook to the dock. Sometimes, but not always, I will click the minimised Outlook window and it will pop up but be frozen.

If I switch back to windowed or full screen mode Outlook will unfreeze and work normally. I can then put it back into coherence mode and it will be fine.

I haven't been able to detect any pattern to when it will lock up. I have another iMac which is also running the same set up and it has exhibited the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

2. paulpenny

paulpenny Bit poster

Still having the same problems. I am really the only one?

3. mattcslack

mattcslack Bit poster

you are not. I'm having similar issues. Based on other threads there appears to be an issue related to P6 (latest version), which causes the freeze. It likely doesn't have anything to do with outlook.

4. KarimR

KarimR Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Also when in coherence if I minimize outlook it don't not minimize to the dock. Simply jsut disappears. I have to go the outlook icon and select the outlook window I want to maximize. The upgrade from 5 to 6 has been rather painful.