Thread: Parallels Tools Build 6.0.11992 Apps freeze in Winxp

Hybrid View

Default Parallels Tools Build 6.0.11992 Apps freeze in Winxp

I am using Parallels Tools Build 6.0.11992 on a Macbook with 10.6.6. I can open XP but when I try to open any application it freezes and I have to force quit XP. Is there a way to stop this or to downgrade to an earlier build?

Kilo Poster

Default Curious as well

Hi,

There is so much negativity around 11992. What I find is that Windows XP suddenly freezes for several seconds or on some reboots is extremely slow. I can backup the VM sector-by-sector using Acronis. The issue would seem to be that the image would still have the tools associated with 11992.

What I would like to know is, if I backup using acronis, downgrade, create a new VM, and restore the backup to it, will I be able to boot to XP given that the restored image would have the newer tools. As long as I can, I would then install the previous version of the tools.

Regards,

Gordon

Default Restoring Backup Solved Problem

I restored everything from a recent Carbon Copy Clone and it is working. I have no idea why but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I am guessing I had some kind of file corruption.

Kilo Poster

Default Parallels Freeze

Thanks for the link. It appears that the problem is widespread.

Kilo Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rauckr View Post
    Thanks for the link. It appears that the problem is widespread.
    No thanks. Glad I could help you.