Parallels Tools Build 6.0.11992 Apps freeze in Winxp

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by copcast, Jan 19, 2011.

1. copcast

copcast Bit poster

I am using Parallels Tools Build 6.0.11992 on a Macbook with 10.6.6. I can open XP but when I try to open any application it freezes and I have to force quit XP. Is there a way to stop this or to downgrade to an earlier build?

2. GordonR

GordonR Junior Member

Curious as well

Hi,

There is so much negativity around 11992. What I find is that Windows XP suddenly freezes for several seconds or on some reboots is extremely slow. I can backup the VM sector-by-sector using Acronis. The issue would seem to be that the image would still have the tools associated with 11992.

What I would like to know is, if I backup using acronis, downgrade, create a new VM, and restore the backup to it, will I be able to boot to XP given that the restored image would have the newer tools. As long as I can, I would then install the previous version of the tools.

Regards,

Gordon

3. copcast

copcast Bit poster

Restoring Backup Solved Problem

I restored everything from a recent Carbon Copy Clone and it is working. I have no idea why but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I am guessing I had some kind of file corruption.

4. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

5. rauckr

rauckr Member

Parallels Freeze

Thanks for the link. It appears that the problem is widespread.

6. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

No thanks. Glad I could help you.