Tools installer fails with error 1316

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Firmin, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Firmin

Firmin Bit poster

Error 1316. A network error occurred while attamping to read from the file
    c:\DOCUME~1\deibelc\LOCALS~1\Temp\Pr|ToolsPackages|Data|i386\parallels-tools-i386.msi

I am upgrading from parallels 2.5 to parallels 6 so I canupgrade from MacOS 10.5.8 to 10.6.x.
    I have tried to install parallels tools several time and always get this error message.
    I can't find a reference to this error message in the installer. HELP!
    Shouldn't I get some sort of support when I upgrade, until I get the upgrade working?
    Thanks.

2. ALEXRoads

ALEXRoads Bit poster

Fix error 1316

Hello,
    i also faced this problem many times but i fixed it, i also got some help from this website error 1316 , hope someone might get help from this website.
    fix error 1316 Windows 7.
    1. Use Windows Installer Clean Up
    2. Use a Registry Fixing Utility
    3. Change Windows Installer Registry Information
    4. Check the Security Details of the Concerning File

3. megavolt17

megavolt17 Product Expert

I never had version 2, so this is speculation only. I'd back everything up (make a zip of your virtual machine). Using Parallels 2 I'd uninstall Parallels Tools, then shut down the emulation. Then I'd update to Parallels 7 and let it boot the emulation. This should install a nice updated Parallels Tools version automatically, but if not you should be able to use the Parallels menu to install Parallels Tools.