Thread: Pro for Linux - Moving Forward

Mega Poster

Post Pro for Linux - Moving Forward

Dear Pro for Linux Customers:

I'd like to formally introduce myself and share some news on the future of Parallels Pro with all of you. As the new Product Manager of Parallels Pro, it has taken me awhile to get my feet wet and fully understand the current state of things. I, first, would like to thank all of the customers I have spoken with so far and the valuable feedback they have been able to provide on areas where our products can be improved.

I recognize that recently there has been a severe lack of communication from us as well as software updates. While I cannot fix what has happened in the past, I do recognize the issues and am committed to improving the situation. Going forward, I promise to be up-front with our product plans and communications for our large customer base. Here is what we plan to do:

1) Future Releases
    We have two future releases of Parallels Pro for Linux planned for 2011.

Pro 10.3.5 - April 2011
    - ProFTPd Update
    - ClamAV Update
    - Numerous Bugfixes

Pro 10.3.6 - December 2011
    - Feature Set TBD based on Customer Feedback
    (development time is already allocated)

2) Migration Path to Plesk
    With the release of Parallels Plesk Panel 10.1, we now fully support migrations from Pro for Linux 10.3 to Parallels Plesk Panel 10. We feel the latest iteration of Parallels Plesk Panel brings the best in hosting technology today, including much asked for features such as site-isolation, multi-domain hosting, integrated billing, and one-click webapp installs.

To further help in easing the migration, we are offering Several Months Free on a Plesk Unlimited lease (includes Customer & Business Manager [Billing] & Web Presence Builder [SiteBuilder]), Free Plesk Installation Services as well as Free Migration Support. You can read more about our promotion here:
    http://www.parallels.com/products/pl...titive-switch/

If you purchased your license directly from us, just fill out the form above. If through a reseller, ask your reseller how you can take advantage of this offer today!

Going forward, I plan to use this forum to keep you all up to date with our plans. I encourage all of our customers to use this forum too as a place to provide feedback and ask us questions. I will be monitoring these forums closely and will be happy to address concerns as they arise.

In the meantime, we will redouble our efforts to rapidly create solutions that are appealing to you in price, features, and ongoing support. If you wish to contact me directly, please don't hesitate to e-mail me:
    blake@parallels.com

I want to continue earning your business, and I hope you’ll give me the opportunity.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Blake@Parallels; Nov 8, 2011 at 02:57 AM.
    [b]Blake M. Tyra[/b]
    [i]Product Manager, Control Panels[/i]

[b][color="red"]||[/color] Parallels, Inc.[/b] / [url]www.parallels.com[/url]

Mega Poster

Just an update here on #2 - we've published a KB Article quickly showing the steps necessary for a migration:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/111552
    [b]Blake M. Tyra[/b]
    [i]Product Manager, Control Panels[/i]

[b][color="red"]||[/color] Parallels, Inc.[/b] / [url]www.parallels.com[/url]