Backing up Win7 64 bit in bootcamp w shared folders MS backup couldn't find libraries

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Kathleen R, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Kathleen R

Kathleen R Member

With various computer issues going on, it made me aware that it was long past time to set up back up for both the mac side & windows. Got set up with a new mac formatted HD working with Time machine on the Mac side. BTW, will that back up the VM, also? I only know how to let it back up, not all how it works.

Then I tried to use Windows7 system back up software that Microsoft store told me was there to back up bootcamp. Only trouble is that when I tried it gave me an error message something about not being able to find libraries. It also said something about a crash or something. I'm wondering if the problem is that I have shared folders or whatever & can see the mac files in bootcamp (& was able to do drag & drop back up of them to my old ntfs drive when I couldn't boot the mac).

Finally I clicked to do a mirror image back up & it did that.

I have an old NTFS drive that i used on my old Dell. I cleared off space so there should have been plenty of space to do a regular back up as well as the mirror one.

Any suggestions on how I can back up bootcamp?

Most of my files are on the mac side except from some stuff downloaded on the windows side from clicking links from Outlook. Have co software that i can have do its own backup, & outlook & most of the other stuff I have also moved to the mac side.