Parallels 6/Outlook 2010/Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by cj31016, Apr 27, 2011.

1. cj31016

cj31016 Bit poster

I've scoured the web and I don't see topics relating to this, so I'm hoping it's just an issue on my end. I'm running Parallels build 6.0.11994 with Windows 7 x86 Professional as a VM. It is a Boot Camp partition. Everything works like a dream with the exception of Outlook 2010. Even the other Office applications work perfectly. I have 2GB of RAM dedicated to the VM which is plenty. What happens is that when I start up Outlook, it completely freezes when I try to reply to an email or send a brand new one. I can open emails, view my calendar, everything, but send. I am never working in the office, so I haven't had a chance to check this via TCP/IP, but using Outlook Anywhere over HTTPS locks this thing up every single time. So what have I done...

- I have built a brand new VM from the ground up (not a Boot Camp partition), installed Office 2010 and the same thing happens with Outlook.

- I installed an x64 version of Windows 7 and an x64 version of Office 2010. Same thing. I then decided to uninstall the x64 and install the x86. Same thing.

A couple of other things to note. If I boot directly into Windows, Outlook 2010 works perfectly. This is leading me to believe that it's a Parallels issue. Why not just use my Mac that way? Well if I wanted to, I would just break out my PC. I would really like to use Outlook 2010 in coherence inside Snow Leopard because I cannot stand Office 2011 for Mac. The other apps are okay, but Outlook 2011 is paltry compared to Outlook 2010.

Last bit of info I can give is that when I create a new profile (I hope it's evident that I'm talking Exchange here and not IMAP or POP3), and Outlook begins to synch and download my mailbox, it works perfectly. I'm able to send, reply, everything like I should be able to. As soon as I close Outlook and reopen though, it's messed up and stays that way for good. Yes every single update has been applied through Service Pack one in my Windows environment. I truly believe this is a Parallels problem and any info someone can provide would be great. Thanks all.

2. ChrisBee

ChrisBee Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?