How to reactivate with a new key?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by michaele11111, Jul 23, 2011.

1. michaele11111

michaele11111 Bit poster

Upon upgrading to OS X Lion I discovered my build of Parallels Desktop had to be upgraded to run on Lion which in turn caused me to find out the activation key I bought was no good. I should have known the deal was too good to be true. I am buying from a legit source so I can upgrade and run again. My question is ...

Can I reactivate with the new key without reinstalling Parallels or more importantly Windows 7? I don't see a deactivate option. Can I just enter the new key in the activation window and click the activate button even though the current copy is activated? Please advise since I really, really don't want to reinstall Windows and all my Windows programs. Thank you in advance.

2. JadeS

JadeS Bit poster

Hello I'm using windows XP can I reactivate my key with a new one without reinstalling parallels?[​IMG]

3. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Did you purchase an Upgrade Key for Parallels Desktop 6?

4. IvoryC

IvoryC Member

I'm having the same issue. But I don't know where to start solving my problem.

5. ClareTan

ClareTan Bit poster

Me too... I have a Parallels 5 but can't find the key, and upgraded to 6, so now I have to use a trial version key which will l expire in 14 days...

6. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

7. ClareTan

ClareTan Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. I did try that and every other solution on youtube. No luck. The folder/file doesn't even exist on my computer. Strange.

8. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

What version of Parallels Desktop for Mac did you use before upgrading to Lion?

9. ClareTan

ClareTan Bit poster

Thanks for your reply! I was using v5 :) Support emailed me a new key for v6 after I sent them a copy of my receipt - perhaps those with issues might want to try this method!