Fedora 14 Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by VwTdi09, Aug 3, 2011.

1. VwTdi09

VwTdi09 Bit poster

I've been struggling with this issue for a while and it has actually kept me from using Parallels on MBP. So the issue is that I have a VM of Fedora 14 running on my MBP and the resolution on the VM is just horrible.

Reading other people's issues with resolution, it seems that they get a small resolution (640x480 or something along those lines) and there is a blank, black border all the way around their screen. This is NOT the issue that I'm having.

I have the problem where no matter what my screen resolution is set to in Fedora, the GUI appears exactly the same. I've tried running this on my MBP's screen and also on an external monitor. With the external monitor, I can set the resolution up to 1920x1080 (the monitor does support this natively) but still looks the same as if I had it set at a much lower resolution.

I have the same version of Fedora running natively on a Mac Mini and the resolution looks perfect.

In Parallels, I have 256MB of video memory allocated for my VM and 2GB of regular RAM.

I've modified /etc/X11/xorg.conf to allow for 1920x1080 after installing Parallels Tools and still no dice.

The problem I have is that one terminal window takes up half my screen and the font is huge!

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

2. timur

timur Member

I'm running a stock Fedora 14 on my MacBook Pro, and I have no problems with the resolution. When I switch to/from fullscreen, or resize the window, the Linux desktop resizes itself. In fact, I'm surprised at how well it works.