Newbie PC Win7 to Macbook Windows Live Mail Problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by realboss7669, Sep 25, 2011.

1. realboss7669

realboss7669 Bit poster

Wife and I have a Macbook Air and Macbook Pro. I bought Parallels after being sold Fusion3 only to find it isnt compatible with Lion.

Anyway I bought Parallels and used the Transporter Agent on my wife's laptop (she was moving to the Macbook Air) and my PC (moving to the Macbook Pro). Her transfer onto a virtual machine went well but I had a problem with Windows Live Mail from my PC; namely that when I open mine, none of my emails or email account is set up nor my folders etc whereas my wife has all of hers on her Macbook Air from her Win7 laptop. Weird as I followed the same process.

We did the transfer on the basis of using the Macs menu structure rather than a full Win7 desktop. My PC had a lot more stuff on it but nothing that I thought would cause a problem.

Sorry I am not a techie and this has been an involved enough process already. I had hoped the user experience would be simpler for average joe bloggs like me but it looks like the usual technical complexities.

Any help appreciated, I am ok with general stuff but am not an advanced techie dude so laymans terms please!

2. realboss7669

realboss7669 Bit poster

p.s. The Macs are 2 months old both running Lion. Parallels is the latest version which I bought on Saturday.

So frustrating as I am sat here with all of my PC on the Mac EXCEPT the mail. I want to format my PC and ditch it but I can't until I get my email folders etc. Really annoying as you spend so many flipping hours on weekends trying to sort out crap like this when really you want to be sipping a beer and relaxing!

3. skype-Acuity.satya

skype-Acuity.satya Banned

Hi folder may be hidden automatically or due to some virus .
    please go to control panel enable show hidden folder or through command prompt check if is there any folder named etc or what ever folder you want[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  4. skype-Acuity.satya

skype-Acuity.satya Banned

May I know the version( Parallels ) you are using ?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  5. realboss7669

realboss7669 Bit poster

All sorted now!

Hi there,

Looks like there was an issue with the mail folder location. I called someone from Parallels and she helped me to get it sorted out in the end. Many thanks for those who have offered assistance with this. Now working like a dream!

If anyone gets stuck with the same issue just check that your mail file is in the location it should be in otherwise when you move over the system will point at the standard location for the mail file and you will get the same problem I did...which as you can see was very frustrating...although down to something so simple.

Thanks again!

:)