iSight on XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by JJM, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJM

JJM Bit poster

Built in iSight

I'm using build v. 3150 of Parallels on a Macbook. I've searched the forums to no avail wondering if anyone is using their built-in iSight with the AIM service. I can't seem to get my iSight to work in AIM.
    I think the drivers are installed( but am not sure) because I get a " pinging " sound when I connect Devices--> USB--> iSight . No dialog box telling me it's NOT working, just a sound that seems like it's made the connection. Yet no video connection in AIM.
    IS there a way to test if my built-in iSight is working ?

Thanks
    JJm

2. JJM

JJM Bit poster

This what I did to solve the problem. It seems to work fine.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tim Surgent
    The easiest way to get iSight drivers is:
    1. Download and install latest Apple Boot Camp from http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
    2. Browse to Macintosh HD->Applications->Utilities
    3. Right-click the "Boot Camp Assistant" and select "Show Package Contents".
    4. Go to Contents->Resources and click the DiskImage.dmg to mount it.
    5. Find the "Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe" and copy inside your VM.
    6. Run the file. In a short while, all necessary drivers will be installed. Reboot and enjoy iSight

Best regards,
    Tim

PS: We can't redistribute Apple software, that is why you don't have iSight drivers by default.[/I][/

3. JimboH

JimboH Bit poster

I tried your instructions but that didn't work. It seems to be a problem with AIM itself. The camera can be opened from "my computer" and works fine. In AIM, even with the camera set as the default video device, a video session can be started with the other users video and voice, and my voice as well, but not my video.

4. jobo22002

jobo22002 Junior Member

Each time I click to install Mac drivers i get a drop down tab " there is no default application specified to open the document " Install mac drivers for windows xp.exe It then gives you an option to chose application. At this point i am at a loss as what to do next. Please help a newbe to the use of a Mac computer.

5. jsk

jsk Bit poster

I found a third party solution

I couldn't get it to work either but I did a boatload of googling and found a third party download that worked. Unfortunately, I can't find the URL again. It was a program called something LIKE "iSight for XP" or something very similar. Anyway, I took a chance and downloaded it and installed it and darned if my built in iSight on my IMac 24 isn't working perfectly in Windoze XP now. I hope you can find it.

Steve

6. pigwiggle

pigwiggle Member

Each time I click to install Mac drivers ...

In the parallels menu select Devices > USB > built in iSight. A windows instillation wizard will start. Point it to your drivers.

7. pigwiggle

pigwiggle Member

8. techtoby

techtoby Bit poster

iSight Driver for Windows XP SP2 Parallels

Hi everyone,

I've just completed the iSight Driver for Windows XP SP2, for use with Parallels Desktop. It is fully tested and working, tried in Windows Live Messenger (aka MSN) and all other popular applications.

Simply download from: http://www.filehosting.cc/?d=0A2C9D0A4
    The password is: unlock

Then extract and run Parallels
    Choose Devices > USB > Built-In iSight
    Then point the installation to the extracted driver file

Bye for now,
    TechToby.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  9. onestopadam

onestopadam Bit poster

vista and isight

Moved from "How to" and modified

Hi,

I have installed Vista through Parallels.. all working beautifully!

I have the most recent bootcamp drivers installed as they cater for Vista now but I still can't get my isight to work?

I have followed the instructions in How to, but and the isight is listed in the device manager but no icon appears.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Ad

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  10. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Hello Ad,

I have had this issue. I think, Vista doesn't put camera's icons to "My Computer". But you may install Skype or MSN messenger and try video-chat to make sure that iSight presents in VM and works properly.

11. onestopadam

onestopadam Bit poster

In MSN, etc I get the error message that the camera is in use by another application or not plugged in :)

12. 860lake

860lake Bit poster

Had trouble - figured it out

I had trouble getting the iSight to work -- no matter what I did, I couldn't get Windows to recognize it as new hardware. I'd install the drivers, but nothing would happen when I toggled the Devices->Built-in Isight option.

The solution - my USB controller had a yellow question mark on it in the Device Manager. Told Windows to fix itself, and it took care of it. Then the iSight came to life, and I was able to install the iSight driver (downloaded elsewhere). Works great.

13. Apple-Z

Apple-Z Junior Member

Any tips for Firewire iSight in XP ?

I read through your post but I have an external FireWire iSight camera that I'd like to use with XP on my Mac Pro...
    I don't see anything anywhere in Parallels for FireWire...
    Do anyone have any suggestions ?

14. mwagena

mwagena Bit poster

how come it doesnt work here..

each time i say, lets start the isight cam.. parallels says the cam already is in use by some app..

15. onestopadam

onestopadam Bit poster

I've never been able to get isight working.

Tried everything. Either I'm very stupid and doing something wrong or it just isn't going to work on my system.

I'm not too bothered to be honest. Just would be nice to have webcam for chatting with some of my friends on live messenger.

Ad

16. onestopadam

onestopadam Bit poster

But I have noticed this thing which is probably my problem. When I toggle Devices -> Built in iSight, I hear the "ding-ding" of windows recognising new hardware being plugged in.. but then it "ding-dings" again.. which to me says it thinks hardware has been unplugged!

Any advice?

Cheers

Adam

17. charlest

charlest Member

Is it possible to get build-in iSight working on XP Pro?

XP could not retrieve the driver for iSight.

I'm running Parallels Desktop 3186 on MacBook Pro.

18. Constable_Odo1

Constable_Odo1 Member

Mine works.

I have a MacBook Pro C2D and WinXP Pro with Parallels 3188. The iSight camera works fine on my notebook. I had installed an application in WinXP called Open Video Capture to test the built-in iSight camera. I believe I got it to work by installing all the drivers from BootCamp into WinXP, then I also had to checkmark Built-in iSight under the USB Menu in Parallels. The hardware is then discovered and the iSight camera works. It works properly as near as I can tell.

Also in the My Computer window there is an icon of the iSight camera. If I double-click on that icon, an application launches that shows an active capture window of the iSight camera. This is the same as BootCamp.

19. charlest

charlest Member

Thanks for your input.

20. mauimina

mauimina Bit poster

i sight camera on parallels

Moved from "General Questions"

I have a iSight camera that I want to use on parallels to connect to a business I'm working called helloworld. Its a pc based business that has video email, podcast and internet broadcast streaming. My question is will my iSight camera work on the windows side of parallels. :confused: somebody please assist!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.