In a fit of misplaced early adopter hopefulness I upgraded to 3.0 which is nice but Dragon Naturally Speaking no longer works. I spent a while trouble shooting it this morning and it looks like the volume on the mic is set incredibly low and cannot be changed.
* I reran Dragon's volume setting tools and they failed saying the input was too quite.
* I then tried to get Sound Recorder to work. It would only record the faintest of a whisper on full volume.
* I tried all combinations of the mixer/volume/mute settings and nothing worked.
* Meanwhile on the Mac side I can record loud and clear with Quicktime so the hardware is working.
* I have a Plantronics USB headset so I let Parallels pass it off to the VM. XP Pro recognized it fine and could record. However, the quality is atrocious the sound is crackly and choppy and will not work for dictation, or anything else for that matter. This option also basically doubled the system load on my machine.
So are there any known bugs in the audio driver and does anyone have any idea of how to fix them? Honestly this all worked fine before I upgraded yesterday.