Features/Fixes of Build 3212 (2.5)?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by wmb07, Jun 11, 2007.

1. wmb07

wmb07 Bit poster

I cannot find what issues were corrected with Build 3212 (2.5), can someone point me to that information?

Many thanks.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

There are only 2 changes in 3112 for comparison with 3188:

1. USB compatibility patch for upcoming Mac OS X 10.4.x/10.5.x USB update.

2. Improved autoupdate module which separate furure updates of 2.x and new paid upgrades of 3.x.

3. jfgoofy

jfgoofy Bit poster

I see they were able to put in an advertisement for a new product. Too bad the team cannot fix any thing else thats listed in the forums. By the way since I have not heard back from any one at Parallels. Mind posting a complete list of features, functions and support applications and OS's for 3.0 since it doesnt look like we will get any future information on 2.5. Maybe this would be helpful to us that may want to buy the upgrade. Or better yet, just blow off my sarcasim and questions again. It helps me think of better ways to be sarcastic while still supporting your company.

4. fixmacs

fixmacs Bit poster

Download Image

Where can the latest version of Parallels Desktop 2.5 be downloaded from?

5. LCPGUY

LCPGUY Member

When in Parallels go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates...

6. steve

steve Member

Hi Andrew,

I've been patiently waiting for some updates regarding the shared folders and networking bugs. I was promised a while ago that these would be fixed in the next update but your list of changes did not mention them. Have these issues been addressed?

Thanks,
    Steve

7. bentmettle

bentmettle Bit poster

I too find it exceptionally frustrating and disappointing that there is no summary of changes.

Is there a plan in the works to divorce support for the 2.x and 3.x+ versions of the product or did I buy something that's going to be End of Lifed without fixing the various bugs?

8. ariell

ariell Member

I hope that other issues will continue to be fixed in v.2.X.

But there should be an installable file for version 3212 just in case somebody downloads version 3 and wants/needs version 2.

9. LorenFinkelstein

LorenFinkelstein Member

3212 causes my Parallels to suddenly crash without warning. Is there a downgrade path?