Where to Find the Transporter Agent

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by vinko, Jun 11, 2007.

1. vinko

vinko Bit poster

If one is a "Parallels Desktop for Mac" customer where can one find the Transporter Agent for Windows?

I want to help this person migrate his physical Windows XP hard drive content to his new Parallels image on his Mac.

Thank you in advance.

-- Vinko

2. Helen@Parallels

Helen@Parallels Parallels Developers

3. JBBeaubeaux

JBBeaubeaux Junior Member

Why is it hidden?

Helen,

I spent over an hour looking through the Parallels user guide for the Mac, online on the Parallels website, and on my Mac for the 'transporter agent' to install on my PC so I could move its contents over to my newly purchased MacBook Pro and Parallels.

I never found it.

Why is it hidden?

I finally found where to download it on this forum, but it just doesn't make sense that the user guide says to go to the website and download and I just could not find it.

Just wondering?

:confused:

4. jared.hunter

jared.hunter Bit poster

In there a Transporter Agent for Windows that's compatible with build 1280 of Transporter for OS X? And if so, where may I download it?

5. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

6. jared.hunter

jared.hunter Bit poster

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike. It didn't occur to me to check the Mac product page for a link to the win32 code. zing! Mostly kidding, and thanks for such a great product.

7. dkelly

dkelly Bit poster

In 2006 Mike suggested the latest version of Transporter could be found at http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/features/transporter/

Sure enough, thats where one may download the trial version for the entire 4.0 Parallels.

In 2007 Helen provided a direct link to a version for Parallels 3.

But still, there isn't a browsable way to find these files if one is not a Parallels insider.

8. ricklaut

ricklaut Bit poster

9. BME

BME Bit poster

Mike:

We seem to be having this problem again, when another new version has been released. I am in need of a version of the Transporter Agetn (Win) that is compatible with Parallels Desktop 4.0.3848.

I have been looking for this piece of software now for over 2 hours !?! after having failed to use the automatically downloaded new version of Transporter Agent, which is was kind enough to tell me to sync versions, without giving me a clue as to how to do so!

It appears that ricklaut's link at the bottom of this thread is working for me now.

Would it be too much to ask for a KB article showing which versions of Parallels are compatible with which versions of the Transporter Agent, with links to the appropriate versions of the Agent? Or a link to old software somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

10. wradmin

wradmin Bit poster

Trasporter agent 4 for windows

I am having the same issue I cannot find version 4.

You Paralles really needs to have a page with old versions of the software.

11. SD Lonyer

SD Lonyer Junior Member

transporter Agent

I have the current version .... really hard to find .. been at it for an hour ..

Now having issues with windows ... home edition .. is it compatible? Transporter app on Mac is saying windows machine needs authentication but my user name and password doesn't work.

Any ideas?

12. Ahwman

Ahwman Junior Member

I just purchased and installed Parallels 7 and noticed that the newest version of the Transporter Agent is 6.0. It seemed to work however I got a message suggesting that I wasn't using the latest version and that it could affect performance. Is there a newer version of the Transport Agent coming out to match Parallels 7? If so, should I be concerned that I used an earlier version to transfer my VM over even though it seems to be working fine?

13. posman

posman Bit poster

New to parallels. I want to buy V7 and convert my existing fusion WinXP pro over to it. What do I need to get to do it and do I install 7 first then run the transporter? Which version of transporter?
    Thanks

14. TomaszT

TomaszT Bit poster

On "Parallels Desktop® 7 for Mac" download page
    http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

I found "Parallels Transporter Agent for Windows (105 Mb)"

On "Parallels Workstation 6" download page
    http://www.parallels.com/download/workstation/

I found "Parallels Transporter Agent for Windows (47Mb)"

Both files, after download, claims to be version 7.0.

Can someone kindly explain me, what is the difference between these two, except double size difference, and which one should actually be used?

Thank you,
    Trejder

15. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

I installed both versions. I checked executable file properties. Parallels Transporter Agent from Parallels Workstation have major version 6, Parallels Transporter Agent from Parallels Desktop® 7 for Mac have major version 7. How did you check version?

Will be better to use version from your product download page.

16. TomaszT

TomaszT Bit poster

I've clicked each file with right mouse button, selected "Properties", switched to "Details" and read information under "File Version". Right now I have only one "Transport Agent" installer executable left and in mentioned field it claims "7.0.15052.0". I don't know difference between versions of Mac and PC versions of this agent. I only write, what I see.

I've ended up with FIVE different versions of "Parallels Transporter Agent". One from product's download page, two from different areas of parallels.com and two from external sources (like Softpedia etc., found by Google). NONE OF THEM worked with product I've downloaded ("Parallels Workstation 6.0 for Windows"). Including the one downloaded from the same page as product. In all five attempts "Parallels Workstation 6.0 for Windows" claimed that it's build number is different then installed "Parallels Transporter Agent" build number. I found this situation completely not acceptable. I don't have time to install n-different versions of a software, because even small change in build number makes them incompatible and not working. I was forced to use external disk as destination for imaged system.

I've imaged Windows XP with one-core processor and 512 MB of RAM and two disks. Total image file was 59,1 GB. I've run this image in a freshly installed "Parallels Workstation 6.0 for Windows". After SEVENTEEN HOURS (!!!) of seeing "Please wait while virtual machine is being configured" message and noticing that 17 hours was enough for "Parallels Workstation 6.0 for Windows" to only achieve around 33% of first of four steps of "auto-configuration" I gave up and decided to run concurrence software. Either I have a rally bad luck or your software isn't simply prepared to work efficiently under Windows.

17. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Could you please create new topic and post problem description and problem report number?
    Send me a private message with new topic id, in case I miss it.

18. TomaszT

TomaszT Bit poster

Done --> new thread is here.