Stop Error 50 in Boot

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dionysus, Jun 12, 2007.

1. dionysus

dionysus Bit poster

Stop Error 50 in Boot after using Transporter

I've installed version 3, and managed to get it to convert my old disks after an initial disaster (thank .mac for Backups ;) ) so, emboldened, I went ahead with a transporter import of my IBM Thinkpad T60. Everything seemed to go smoothly, but when the VM boots, it bluescreens with what I think is a Stop error 50 (it goes by really quickly).
    I was having a similar problem on version 2.5, but that was causing stop error 7E.
    It does boot into Safe Mode with Networking, so it must be some driver or other. Anyway, I have parallels tools installed etc, and have used MSConfig to disable pretty much everything on startup, but still it bluescreens unless I boot it in Safe Mode.
    Any ideas?

cheers

-Dios

PS, when you install Parallels tools in Safe Mode, it seems to mess something up, and gives a strange error, you need to go in Regedit, find the
    HKLM_LocalMachine\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce key that is created and change the / in the key to \ as they are written in wrong. This was also a bug in 2.5

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. dionysus

dionysus Bit poster

bump - anyone please?

3. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Try to follow instructions, written in this artcle.

4. dionysus

dionysus Bit poster

thanks. Tried that, but no joy. Still the same problem. It only has the parallels driver installed but still blue-screens on normal startup (including with all services and startup objects disabled)

-Dios

5. Ynot

Ynot Pro

And can you remove all Parallels tools from your VM?

Ah, you can remove "Automatically restart" mark in your computer properties to see what concrete happens with your VM. This checkbox can bo found there:
    1. Rughtclick "My computer"
    2. Select "Properties"
    3. Select "Advanced" pane
    4. Click "Settings button" at "startup and recovery" section
    and you see it.