Moved from How Parallels "Desktop for Mac"
I successfully resized my Windows 2003 installation today using the following process.
- Copy the HDD drive image file and rename
- Use Image Tools to resize the original HDD file
- Change your VM profile to boot off of the copied HDD image and add the original, resized image as a second hard disk
- Once booted, open CMD prompt and run DISKPART
- View volumes in DISKPART with the command list volume. Note which volume is your original, resized partition
- Select that partition using the DISKPART command select volume # where # is the partition number.
- Enter the command extend
- Enter the command exit
- Exit Windows and change the VM profile to once again boot from the original, resized image file. You can disconnect (and delete?) the copied image file from the VM profile.
I don't know if DISKPART can be used on Windows XP, etc. but I know that you can download it from Microsoft. Google diskpart windows download.
As mentioned, this worked for me though I cannot guarantee that this will work in all situations.