Licensed Spanish version is not the same build as English

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by carlos.rovira, Dec 11, 2007.

1. carlos.rovira

carlos.rovira Bit poster

Hi I just bought my Parallels version 3.0 for Mac just after my 15 days trial period.
    As I navigate trough the shopping process I choose my localized version to spanish just to see that the build number was very low compared to lastest EN version 5582 I was using. The spanish is 5162.

As I run and activate the product I see on preferences that this version is from October , 29th.

As my new MacBookPro s running Leopard, I need the lastest version (5582), although is in English (languaje is not important for me, I only choose spanish version becasue I was not aware about this build issues).

So, How can I solve my problem? anyone from the support can contact me to fix this?

Thanks!

Carlos Rovira

2. bflyen

bflyen Junior Member

The European download is different from the rest of the world and you have to wait until they release a new version for Europe. The license code is different and will not work with the other versions. From Norway I contact Avanquest in the UK, I assume you can ask http://www.avanquest.es/ why there is no updated localized version.

BenT

3. carlos.rovira

carlos.rovira Bit poster

change form eurpoean version to english version

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would want to change from european version to english version. I really don't want to stay with 1 or 2 month old versions knowing that there's updates. I really choose european version becasuse I was not aware about this problem. Knowing this I prefer english version.

So, please, how could we fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

4. carlos.rovira

carlos.rovira Bit poster

Hi Again,

I continue with my problem. Tried to contact avanquest several days ago, a no response...

So I continue stuck. Right now I don't know what to do, I purchase a license 1 month old (Oct, 29), that works very bad in my Leopard.

Please, someone can wire this problem?. I think it's not very hard. Really I *don't* want the european version. The perfect solution will be have a english version and its serial number. and return the european serial number.

Even I can ear other solutions, but, please, I think this is not good for this product, since I'm don't want to continue this bad experience with this product.

Hope someone can fix this.

Carlos.

5. bflyen

bflyen Junior Member

Build 5582 was just released as the UK version, I assume it also came for the Spanish version?

BenT

6. carlos.rovira

carlos.rovira Bit poster

I just don't know. I'm so tired that I block the money to pay the license in my bank account. I think I will post it in my blog about this bad experience with a software license so people googling could know before purchase a product with no support.

really sad...

7. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

you can download Spanish build 5582 here.
    The point is that localized versions are released a little bit later than English ones.

Best regards,
    Alicia.