OS/2 CD-ROM install disk not recognized

Discussion in 'Other Guest OS Types Discussion' started by dave-, Dec 14, 2007.

1. dave-

dave- Bit poster

I am attempting to run "OS/2 Warp Server for e-business" on my laptop Windows XP tablet computer. This computer does not have a floppy drive but the installation set for my OS/2 comes with 3 floppies and a CDROM.

First, I created a new OS/2 VM and selected the Warp 4 version.

Next, I copied Parallels ImageTool.exe to a Windows 2000 system that had a floppy and CDROM drive. ImageTool.exe created hard disk image copies for the OS/2 installation set. I copied the 3 .fdd files and the 1 .iso file to my laptop into the My Documents\Parallels Virtual Machines\oswarp4 directory.

I changed my OS/2 Warp 4 configuration to boot off the floppy. I changed the floppy to boot off the hard disk at My Documents\Parallels Virtual Machines\oswarp4\DISK0.fdd. I changed the CD-ROM to Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Workstation\vmtools.iso.

Finally, I "powered on" the OS/2 Warp 4 virtual machine and got it to load the floppies in sequence properly by using the icons in the bottom right hand corner.

The OS/2 installation program then asked "Insert the OS/2 Warp Server for e-business CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then press Enter." I did that and the screen changed as if it was properly reading the disk and proceeding with the install. However, after a short time it simply repeated the message.

I got the same message if when I physically loaded the CD-ROM directly to drive D:.

The actual name of the CD-ROM install disk is "Server Pak Installation." This name is both physically written on the disk and in the documentation.

I do not know how to proceed. Can anybody help me? TIA dave-

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007