CD-ROM drive error:Please verify that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Fromethius, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Fromethius

Fromethius Bit poster

I'm trying to get Warcraft 3 to run on Windows under Parallels, however, every time I try to run the game, I get this error:

CD-ROM drive error: Please verify that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'.

If I try to run it under my mac, it runs just fine!

I'm sure that the CD-ROM is in the drive, because my mac can run it just fine, and I'm sure that Windows under Parallels can run CD's, because when I insert the CD into the drive, under Windows in Parallels, the opening screen for the CD appears asking me whether I'd like to Play Warcraft 3, View Read-me, Options, or Exit Installer, so I'm sure there is no problem reading the CD's, but when I click Play Warcraft 3, that's when the message box with the error comes up.

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

the point is that the program that verifies if your CD is the original one has some issues with virtualization technology. In a different words, the CD-ROM sees the disk but the program can't see that it is original. Unfortunately, it is the way it works.
    Please, contact Blizzard support.

3. Fromethius

Fromethius Bit poster

4. bi11

bi11 Hunter

Maybe they used a nocd crack to run the app with out a cd or dvd in the drive :)

However, you can install the mac version on your system. Doesn't your install disk have the mac version? Mine does.

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

the point is that technologically this game is supported and can be played from the Parallels VM, but there are license policy issues.

If you are a owner of a legal game cd, please, contact Blizzard support and ask if you can use the game without cd protection.

6. DavidI

DavidI Bit poster

Not true. The problem is with Parallels as I have the same issue and if I run under VMWARE as an image it can identify the CD. For Parallels to just throw it over the wall and say contact the MFGR is lame.

7. Ted KennethT

Ted KennethT Bit poster

hi guys this might be late solution but it will help, incase that error of warcraft will back. READ
    Hi guys This might be help i have the same problem too but my warcraft is okay now ^^ im 17 years old my name is Ted Kenneth P. Trapila From Cebu Dota Player not Noob Not Pro ^^You Might be laugh after reading my reply but this will help, hope so, i read all the topic regarding this error but there is a simple way to fix it ^^ just download the "WVS" Warcraft Version Switcher but be sure that u have a 2-3 versions of warcraft, when my warcraft was error my current version on that is 1.24d TFT, but i just realized to switch it into 1.24b then i start the warcraft after that i was shock ^^ it just back to normal w/o any problems ^^ many players has this error 2 but i was just post this to help you guys hehe so effortless fixing ^^.

8. Ted KennethT

Ted KennethT Bit poster

Hi guys This might be help i have the same problem too but my warcraft is okay now ^^ im 17 years old my name is Ted Kenneth P. Trapila From Cebu Dota Player not Noob Not Pro ^^You Might be laugh after reading my reply but this will help, hope so, i read all the topic regarding this error but there is a simple way to fix it ^^ just download the "WVS" Warcraft Version Switcher but be sure that u have a 2-3 versions of warcraft, when my warcraft was error my current version on that is 1.24d TFT, but i just realized to switch it into 1.24b then i start the warcraft after that i was shock ^^ it just back to normal w/o any problems ^^ many players has this error 2 but i was just post this to help you guys hehe so effortless fixing ^^.

9. romeoc

romeoc Bit poster

I HAVE same problem pls help us how to fix it