SketchUp not showing tool cursors

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by sramdeen, Apr 6, 2008.

1. sramdeen

sramdeen Bit poster

I have given up trying to use SketchUp on the Mac. It is SO ridiculously slow compared to the PC version, I can't see how Google can release it and not call it a beta.
    I bit the bullet and went for Parallels and installed XP SP2. It's all up to date with MS updates and I have just downloaded the latest release of SketchUp for the PC.
    The performance is MUCH MUCH better when moving around an existing model, zooming etc etc. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to use any of the tools accurately as when I select a tool and start to use it, the tool's pointer turns into the generic black Mac arrow.

For example, I have a blank document and I try to draw a rectangle or line. The rectangle tool is selected, but when I click to begin drawing the rectangle, the rectangle outline does not appear as I draw. It is only after I click the second time, to place the rectangle that it appears. This makes it much harder to use. The same thing applies to all the tools - they usually turn to the black Mac cursor. I have tried fullscreen mode and windowed mode, but it's the same.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Sramdeen,

Please try the following:

1. Ctrl-click (right-click) on the Windows Desktop. Choose "Properties" from the drop-down menu.

2. Open the "Settings" tab and click on the "Advanced" button. Click "Troubleshoot".

3. In the "Hardware Acceleration" section put the slider on the graduation line preceding maximum Hardware acceleration level mark.

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. sramdeen

sramdeen Bit poster

Hi Xenos. Thank you for your reply. I tried what you suggested, but it only made things worse. Have you tried using SketchUp to see what I am experiencing?
    regards

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Sramdeen,

I have asked our QA team to check. Will let you know when they give feedback. Thank you for the report.

Best regards,
    Xenos