Windows 7 Virtual machine Installation Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HarishC, Nov 5, 2011.

1. HarishC

HarishC Bit poster

I have mac OS X version 10.7.2.

Tried to install windows 7 in parallels Desktop 7 for mac. the parallels build is Build 7.0.14920.

I get the following error messages:

SCSI Controller is not Installed.

Network bootrom is Installed.

Trying to boot from SATA Drive 1... failed.

Trying to boot from SATA optical Drive 2... SATA optical Drive 2 failed.

Trying to boot from Floppy drive... failed.

Trying to boot from Networking...

No boot device is available. Press ENTER to continue.

for the Windows 7 virtual machine configuration, i am allocating 15 gb expanding disk. The location by default is
    SATA 0:1.

Hard Disk 1 is enabled and is at the top in the boot order.

I am new to MAC, so please help me. I saw a post with a similar problem, but the solution doesn't apply to me. I am attaching the screen shot of the errors.

Thank You.
    Harish

Attached Files:

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

That means Parallels isn't able to read the DVD for some reason, or that it's not bootable.

3. HarishC

HarishC Bit poster

Hi specimen.

I created a bootable .iso image file of windows 7 and was able to start the installation of windows 7 on a pc. When i used the same image file in parallels, i get the same errors i have reported in my thread above.

Thanks for your reply.
    Harish

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Create a ticket support with parallels. I've tried this myself and works for me, for some reason this happens to you and I've seen similar reports here.

All I can suggest is the generic procedure of doing Permission Repair with disk utility, uninstall Parallels, install Parallels again, and try creating the windows machine again.

5. YanaYana

YanaYana

You can create the virtual machine 'Without a desk' - do not install Windows and just create a blank VM. Try to open Configurations (Virtual Machine menu --> Configure) --> Hardware --> Hard Drive 1 and change location to IDE.

Try to connect iso file to this virtual machine (Configure --> Hardware --> CD/DVD) and start the virtual machine. Hope it helps

6. Barney1963

Barney1963 Bit poster

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem/error as the OP.
    I started the installation of the Trial version 9 but clicked something wrong when pointing to my Win7 ISO.
    I deleted all the files/folders associated with it and re-downloaded the trial.
    However when I try to reinstall it, it jumps to the screen shown in post #1 above.
    What can I do?
    I'm also a new mac user.

Barney

7. Barney1963

Barney1963 Bit poster

I haven't selected the win7 iso image yet. I think I clicked on something like "install operating system later" or something similar.
    There doesn't seem to be any option available to point to it now I just get the the sequence of pictures below :-

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 14.42.59.png Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 14.43.53.png Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 14.44.45.jpg
    I've included the one of what I get if I click on the settings button just incase there is something important in there.

Barney

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

File > New.

(You can and should delete the previous VM you created, to do this, click Window>Virtual Machine List, right click on the Vm and choose to Trash it and all the files. The problem here is that instead of starting a new installation you are running the old one attempted install again.)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  9. Barney1963

Barney1963 Bit poster

Where do I find Window>Virtual Machine List?

Barney

BTW I'm using OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  10. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

When running Parallels Desktop from the top menu bar where it says "Parallels Desktop File Window Help".

Screen-shot-2011-06-22-at-12.11.39-PM.png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  11. EliotM

EliotM Bit poster

Thanks YanaYans

Thanks YanaYana I tried with windows 8 and it worked! :)

12. FaizanB

FaizanB Bit poster

Thanks YanaYana I have tried too & succeed :) thanks for your great help ;)